Did you mean: 

unknown data roaming charges

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Commentator

unknown data roaming charges

Dear Starhub users,

Do you actually check your bills? 

I been receiving unknown data roaming charges ($6bucks and recently $80bucks) with package like 2kb, 1kb despite my phone Data Roam Setting is off, Data is off.

I have asked on my facebook and realised that other starhub user also faced the same problem. May i know if you are facing, if yes probably we are in the same boat and can request waiver from starhub thoroughly as no normal users use 1kb or 2kb or packages so small, even if you turn data roaming on for 1 sec accidentally, it will be way more due to the sync nature of smart phone.

Thus please let me know if any of you are facing it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hub Master
Solution

Re: unknown data roaming charges

If data roaming is not been switched on, there will not be any data roaming usage and charges. Please leave your details over at http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery to let the Customer Service Team do a check for you.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Hub Master
Solution

If data roaming is not been switched on, there will not be any data roaming usage and charges. Please leave your details over at http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery to let the Customer Service Team do a check for you.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Hi I have been charged roaming data when my phone setting for data roaming is turned off. 

I called customer service to check the times it was activated. 

Always happen when I am crossing the causeway.

And the lady told me I must have turned on my data roaming on my phone.

It was such a joke, as I couldnt use data roaming after I had purchased the asia travel data on another occasion. Because I did not turn on my data roaming on my phone!

There is clearly an issue Starhub needs to address. Instead, I was told to turn off roaming/data entirely. Think twice before signing up with Starhub if you travel regularly.  Or your phone will be a handicap.  Coz it is safer to turn off your phone when you are overseas.

And I was told I am the only person having this issue.

May I request all who have experienced this issue to come forward? 

My feedback seems to have fallen on untechnical ears who will not and cannot provide a long term solution.

Highlighted
New Commentator

Hi. yes I have the same issue and contacted with the customer service and told me that I must be turned on my data. Beside that , they keep changing different person to reply my email. It is totally unprofessional and nonsense.
Highlighted

Hi @janetneo, I'm very sorry that we didn't meet your service standards. I believe background apps might have used your data that's why you unsuspectingly incurred data charges. That's what previously happened to me so I understand you, and since I have an iPhone I turned off the option of Background App Refresh. Anyway, did you ever get refunded for incurring these unexpected data charges?

~ Carla
Highlighted

Hi @Joon, I'm very sorry to hear about this. Just to clarify, so you didn't turn off your data but still incurred data charges? Well, if you're overseas and don't expect to receive any calls or texts, and to avoid data charges, then I highly advise that you turn on airplane mode instead. 

Regarding your concern for different people contacting you, I will be sure to pass on what you have told me to our team. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Dear Carla,

I received 2 emails from starhub customer service, no refunds yet, and now, I cannot reply to the Starhub Customer Service email.  It would be such a joke if your email is full? or am I being blocked from reply/sending email to get clarity on what the various personnel was trying to convey?

Highlighted

Hi @janetneo, please reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter for further assistance so that we can log a case for you. Thanks. 

~ Carla