Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot receive SMS-OTP

Trusted Commentator

cannot receive SMS-OTP

14 REPLIES 14
Trusted Commentator

Re: cannot receive SMS-OTP

I've been trying all day to complete a banking transaction unsuccessfully because i am not receiving any sms OTP.

I am currently overseas and i have been paying for roaming since the beginning, and i would not expect such a disappointing service and it is causing me plenty of distress. This is not the first time this is happening. I am writing in this time as i have serious urgent issues.

Please solve this problem as soon as possible.

Community Manager

Hi ww1852

Do restart your handset, switch to another roaming operator manually or place your SIM Card in another handset to see if this helps solve the issue.

Please send us the name of the bank your OTP is from along with your registered name, contact number, affected service number and Hub ID / email address for verification by clicking the red words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so I can check on this for you. 

- Amy
Trusted Commentator

Based on previous similar situations encountered by fellow starhub subscribers, i've already tried:

1. restarting my phone 

2. switch between on/off flight safe mode 

3. switch between telcos,because i am on roaming

4. used my sim card in another phone

none of the above worked

Community Manager

Hi ww1852

I've replied to your PM. Let's chat there.

- Amy
Trusted Commentator

Hi Amy,

May i know the status of my issue? What have prevented me from receiveing the SMS OTP?

Community Manager

Thank you for waiting. Our team is unable to locate any recent logs of the SMS OTP being sent to you. Please restart the handset by removing sim card / select the network or switch to another network and try again.

If the issue recurs, please provide us with the exact date/time the SMS OTP was sent/requested and the POSB/DBS number you usually receive these SMSes from so we can investigate further.

- Amy

- Amy
Trusted Commentator

Well Amy, you did not solve my issue by telling me that there is no recent logs. 

To verify, I like to know what is the detail of last sms i received. because obviously you are not giving enough details to solve the issue.

At the moment, i am receiving not one sms. Not even a welcome message to the roaming country. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

I've replied to your previous PM. Let's chat there as this will involve your personal services.

- Amy
Trusted Commentator

HI Amy,

i have just requested for another OTP at 5.45pm Singapore time from POSB.

i have deleted my previous messages from POSB/DBS For their OTP so i cant provide the phone number that they usually sent out.