cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annual handset upgrade

Senior Commentator

annual handset upgrade

Hi, 

if i want to change the ownership of my currently 9 month mobile plan to my dad's (who is a hub club member), will i be eligible for the annual handset upgrade promotion when my plan hit 12 months? also if i register my number under my dad, is there a probation period till im eligible for the handset upgrade promotion or is it immediately in effect? (taking into consideration that no numbers under my dad's account hasnt utilised the annual handset upgrade promotion yet)

looking forward to ur replies!

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Hub Master

Re: annual handset upgrade

Any Hub Club $200 Early Re-contract Fee utilised under your dad's name during the last 12 months?
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Android™ Expert

Hi Musica,

Do note that the waiver is only applicable once per year. i.e if your dad used it to get a phone with the waiver on another line during the past 12 mths, your line will not be eligible for waiver until the stipulated 12 months is over.

nope, he has not utilised any waiver whatsoever. 

Hub Master

If that's the case, you can use it for your number after completing 12 months of the contract. Simply visit us together with your dad to do the transfer of ownership.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Senior Commentator

ok. lets say i got 2 numbers under the same hub club member. 1 is currently at 12 months and the other is 24 months. can i use the annual handset upgrade waiver on the 12 month, and normal recontract the 24 month one as well?

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Musica

No issues with that. Normal re-contracts can be done once you have completed 21 months of the mobile service contract and you will not need to utilize the Annual Handset Upgrade benefit.
Esteemed Contributor

HI Darell,

Thanks for the wonderful works you guys are doing here.

Regarding same topic, i have 3 queries.

I have three mobile connections under my name. I am a hub club member also.

My 1st connection was taken in early march 2012, in May 2013 I upgraded my handset by recontracting i.e. after completing only 13 months. I am not sure/dont remember if I was offered any vouchers for handset upgrade that time. I am also not sure if I paid any early recontract fee.

my 2nd connection was taken on 28th June 2012,now that my second connection is going to complete 21 months on 29-03-2014, I am looking for handset upgrade/recontract.

my 3rd connection, I took on 12th Feb 2013, and right now I have completed 12 months of contract.

My queries are,

1. Am I eligible to recontract/handset upgrade my 2nd connection right now,before completing 21 months? Should I have to pay early recontract fee for this? FYI i was informed by starhub that I am eligible for 200$ voucher for my second connection handset upgrade. Can I offset this fee with voucher amount?

2.Is there any benefit if I wait until I complete 21months of my 2nd contract, instead of rushing to upgrade immediately?

3. Am I eligible to recontract/handset upgrade my 3rd connection right now, as I am completed 12 months from contract date? Should I have to pay early recontract fee? AM I eligible for another 200$ voucher for handset upgrade?

thanks,

Venky

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi venky

I have replied your PM.