GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will be overseas for couple of months. What should I do with my line?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Will be overseas for couple of months. What should I do with my line?

Hi! Good afternoon.

I would like to ask for suggestions on what should I do.

My contract ended Feb 23. I was not able to recontract due to the fact that I don't have 6 months left on my working pass. I'm still using the line and the services that comes with it (Data Jump, Weekend Unli, Caller ID).

I will be going back home for a couple of months. I would still like to keep my number, and subcribe to Roaming so I can continue to receive calls and messages. However, I don't want the extra add on service since it would be not applicable once I get back home.

Is it possible to switch to Sim Only then subscribe to roaming? I mean my monthly is $60 without the add ons. I know I can cancel the add ons but I just don't see the point of paying $60 for just keeping the line. 

I hope you guys can recommend me on the best thing to do. Stay safe and have a nice day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Will be overseas for couple of months. What should I do with my line?

Hi @missrhiezel, yes, you can switch to a Sim Only plan with no contract in order to keep your number. 

~ Carla

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Solution

Hi @missrhiezel, yes, you can switch to a Sim Only plan with no contract in order to keep your number. 

~ Carla

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Hi Carla! Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I need your help again and some clarifications.

I was able to switch to $25 Sim Only Plan via the Online Store. My flight is tomorrow so I’ve been trying to activate my Roaming on the App, but it says I’m not eligible. I tried using the website, but to no avail. So I called, Customer Care. To my surprise and disappointment, I was told that with the Pass I’m holding (S Pass), I am not allowed to activate my roaming. Is that true?

I asked him to explain it to me further, and he said that since January, roaming services are not allowed for the passes anymore. And I asked him if it only applies to all the SPass. And he said there are factors to be considered. He mentioned that Starhub imposed this because there were instances that customers who went back overseas, wasn’t able to finish the contract and not pay. I mean, I understand that. But isn’t it ridiculous to generalized the passes in this category?

I have completed my 24 months contract. I switched to sim only plan since I already finished paying my handphone and contract. As well as not to pay too much as I won’t be able to fully utilize the services here in Singapore. I need the roaming services as I will be expecting business calls where WhatsApp calls might not be an option. I even told the customer service that I’m willing to pay in advance so as I can keep my number working overseas.

I hope you could help me with my issues. I really need to keep my number working back home. If there are other arrangements that you can suggest, I’m open to it.

Thank you and God Bless.
Highlighted

Hi @missrhiezel, were you able to activate your roaming service?

~ Carla
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Hi Carla! Unfortunately, I was not able to do it. When I called again couple hours before my flight, they said I am not eligible to do the roaming. When I asked for a suggestion, the CS said I can temporarily suspend my account for maximum of 6 months since I won’t be in SG for the next coming months. Since I badly need a roaming sim and a Singapore number, I had to buy a Happy Roam sim at the airport.

However, I was not able to change my Bank OTPs before the suspension. Now I can’t access my OCBC because the OTPs are being sent to my old number still.

Are you able to help me to activate my old number with roaming, for a day just so I can receive my OTPs? Please, I need to access my bank account so I can transfer my funds.

I hope you are able to help me. Thank you.
Highlighted

Hi @missrhiezel, unfortunately, I can't access your account here on the community. With that being said, I highly suggest that you reach out to our Customer Care Support team on either Facebook or Twitter to further assist you with your concern. 

~ Carla