cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waive For Data Exceeded in 20 minutes

Valued Commentator

Waive For Data Exceeded in 20 minutes

Dear Starhub staff,

I would like to request for data exceed waive. The reason being how I did not turn on my WiFi and my phone autodownloaded videos without my knowledge. When I notived, there was consumption of 5GB of data that I did not intend on. The warning messages came during the short time period where my phone was not with me.

There has been a previous occasion where I exceeded and I paid my bill without hesitation. But for this error that I did not intend, may I request for assistance to waive the fees? 

Also, is there anyway to prevent this from happen?

Thank you so much.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Waive For Data Exceeded in 20 minutes

Hi Raeannleezhuxin,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

You would have to either ensure that you're on Wi-Fi before downloading videos, or block your device from downloading shows on the app / device when not connected to Wi-Fi, or prevent your device to use mobile data for downloading. 

Meanwhile, please drop me a PM with your registered name, registered mobile number and Hub ID/email address by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < for me to review your request. Thank you.

- Jackson
Valued Commentator

Hello, I am unable to send you a private message at the server states your account does not have private message enabled. Is it possible I email you or something? Thank you!

Community Manager

Hi Raeannleezhuxin

Please send me your registered name, contact number, registered service number and Hub ID / email address for verification by clicking the red words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so I can assist you. 

- Amy