GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE Issues with $25 Sim Only Plan Switch

Honored Commentator

VoLTE Issues with $25 Sim Only Plan Switch

I have switched from various plans (lite, S, Go hub 15) for four numbers to the new Sim Only plan recently and lost the ability to use VoLTE.

After latching on to an existing thread, and got some correspondances on the subject, I think I should start a new thread, as the original thread got resolved.

My issues has been referred 3 times to technical support without resolutions:

1) Phones should be compatible as the feature is available prior to switch,

2) Settings are checked to be working, have used a Singtel SIM as well as Starhub SIM (known to have working VoLTE), and both are working fine,

3) Support asked my to exchange my SIMs, which I personally don't believe is the issue as it cannot be "coincidental" that all 4 SIMs got issue. Interestingly, even the counter staff don't believe it will work as he reluctantly changed over the SIMs. After the exchange, still not working.

Questions:

1) Does $25 SIM only come with VoLTE? If no due to some pitfalls, I can rest my case but potential "switchers" need to know,

2) Has my issue got the exact same resolutions as those that got resolved? I have been asking support to refresh/reprovision my SIM from the backend, but seems like all they ever did was just turned on the feature/addon, and asked my to exchange the SIMs. If due deligence is done (like a proper provisioning) and support failed to resolve the case, I can rest my case as well.

Likely the case will again referred to "offline" treatment, but I will update here on the progress.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: VoLTE Issues with $25 Sim Only Plan Switch

We have referred your matter to our customer service team for assistance. Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Honored Commentator

It is just one call after another, one check after another... Still not resolve. It is getting ridiculous considering many faced the issue and many got resolved. Sigh.

Customer Service

Hi regityoung, I understand the frustration. Rest assured that the relevant team is looking into this. -Angela

Honored Contributor

Hi regityoung,

Not very sure if your issue got resolved , if no , you might want to call starhub at 1633 and ask them for your account does your account have HDVoice enabled . Because mine went MIA when i did recontract and once the lady put it back to me immediately its working already.

Hope it helps!
Honored Commentator

@zIp-dIsK wrote:
Hi regityoung,

Not very sure if your issue got resolved , if no , you might want to call starhub at 1633 and ask them for your account does your account have HDVoice enabled . Because mine went MIA when i did recontract and once the lady put it back to me immediately its working already.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for advice. I believed that was what they first did, but did not help.

At long last, they remove the volte service and add it back again, or at least that's what I was told, and that restored the service.

Whilst I am glad that they restored the service, I am totally upset as to why such could not be done in the first place. I did ask for reset, reprovisioning, which I believe will do the same thing. Instead, it was dingdong for 2 weeks, asked to replace all my 4 Sims, which btw were NFC Sims and have money in them, countless questions of the same nature, getting mocked at by  staff counter....

Considering their plan is not very competitive, wonder why I should still stick to this.

Honored Contributor

Because so far, their plans has the most value out of it.

I'm glad it has been resolved!