Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive verification code from WhatsApp via SMS/Call

SOLVED
Respected Commentator

Unable to receive verification code from WhatsApp via SMS/Call

Hi,

I just ported from Singtel to Starhub. The process was successfully and I'm using Starhub's sim card with old number. Everything is fine now but I can't receive verification code from WhatsApp via SMS/Call. I really need to get WhatsApp up and running. 

I have tried SMS barring with the following:

#35*1234*16# 

#330*1234#

##21#

I've also tried to reinstall WhatsApp but it doesnt help. 

I'm able to receive SMS and OTP from almost all parties except WhatsApp.

Does anyone has a solution for this?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Respected Commentator
Solution

Re: Unable to receive verification code from WhatsApp via SMS/Call

Hi all,

Found a solution for myself.

Try this, worked for me. Clear data for Whatsapp, Put your phone in Airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi. Open up Whatsapp and put your location manually and input your number as you regularly would, when it prompts you to confirm your number, turn off airplane mode and press OK. This should let it reset and you should receive another SMS which should verify. (This won't delete backed up messages).

2 REPLIES 2
Respected Commentator

Tried again after receiving SMS from Starhub saying that port request is successful and the service is activated but WhatsApp still couldn't send me the verification code. Smiley Sad

Respected Commentator
Solution

Hi all,

Found a solution for myself.

Try this, worked for me. Clear data for Whatsapp, Put your phone in Airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi. Open up Whatsapp and put your location manually and input your number as you regularly would, when it prompts you to confirm your number, turn off airplane mode and press OK. This should let it reset and you should receive another SMS which should verify. (This won't delete backed up messages).