cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive SMS

Highlighted
New Commentator

Unable to receive SMS

Previously I was with Singtel and I have just port over my mobile number to Starhub. I have not been able to receive my bank 2FA OTP SMS. Can Starhub please advise me what can be done to fix my problem?

The bank verified that the 2FA OTP SMSes were sent successfully and asked me to check with my telco instead. This situation has been going on for the past 2 days.

Everyone's Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Relationship Manager

Re: Unable to receive SMS

Hi Yee Leng, please send me a private message stating your StarHub Account number, registered name, NRIC/FIN, email and contact number so that we can get in touch. Thank you -Jolene

Highlighted
New Commentator

Having the same problem here. Just ported over from M1 over the weekend and unable to receive 2FA authentication codes from the banks. Called Customer Service yesterday to reset the barring options but still not working. Appreciate any help pls. Thanks!

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ PM Chung

This is very strange. Please send me your NRIC/FIN number, account details, contact number and e-mail along with the names of the banks you're not receiving the SMSes from via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

Do also confirm if this issue recurs for all SMSes only or only for such verification SMSes and provide the latest date/time you requested for such a verification from which bank.

- Amy
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

I got the same issue. I just port-in from Singtel to Starhub. I was able to receive sms from other mobile number. The issue is only when receiving an sms from viber, whatsapp and posb ibanking verification code. Tried doing the unbarring code #35*1234*16# which was advised by Customer Support, still the same issue. 

[removed for privacy]

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ randymagadan

Have you tried updating your carrier/APN settings?

Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, account details, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Hi Amy, I just port-in from Singtel to Starhub. I was able to receive sms
from other mobile number. The issue is only when receiving an sms from
viber, whatsapp and posb ibanking verification code. Tried doing the
unbarring code #35*1234*16# which was advised by Customer Support, still
the same issue.

I just tried calling Customer Support again and was advised to reset
network connection. Still the same issue.

[removed for privacy]

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Hi Amy,

Any update on my issue?

I sent a private message Yesterday. Please check.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ randymagadan

We've replied to your PM yesterday. Please reply there if you've other concerns. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Hi Amy, I am Yee Leng. The person who started the original thread. Can you please close this thread so that I don't get messages from others? Thank you.