Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to any network in Thailand

SOLVED
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Unable to connect to any network in Thailand

Hi,

i have recently changed to the $25 sim only plan. During the contract I mentioned roaming to be disabled.

I need someone to check on my account and find out if the roaming is completely disabled and can’t even connect to foreign networks?

Thanks

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: Unable to connect to any network in Thailand

DE04AAE5-87A1-4032-BAB9-B3E7C8AE505A.pngUsing the Starhub app, i activated the roaming. So as per screenshot there is no monthly subscription and I only be charged when I make a call?

6 REPLIES
Respected Contributor
Solution

DE04AAE5-87A1-4032-BAB9-B3E7C8AE505A.pngUsing the Starhub app, i activated the roaming. So as per screenshot there is no monthly subscription and I only be charged when I make a call?

Community Manager

Hi Alex

Our new plans provides free International Roaming (IR), which used to be chargeable at $10 per month. 

Do note that International Roaming allows you to roam at a standard charge instead of Pay-As-You-Roam which charges additional 20% for roaming usage.

Your charge will be based on your usage of Data/Call/SMS as per http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/travel-roam/travelling-overseas/postpaid-roaming.html (under "see rates and data plans").

For us to check on your account for roaming, please drop me a PM with your registered name, registered mobile number and Hub ID/email address by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < for me to arrange for assistance.

Hope this clarifies. 

- Jackson
Respected Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for the help. I have just sent a PM.

So I assume that for people to contact me in SG, they would dial the same number?

To dial back Singapore, I am to use *108*<tel no>#?

Any change in charges if the phone  is a Starhub Digital Voice number?

Thanks!

Community Manager

We have replied to your PM, Alex. -Debbie

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Contributor

Hi all,

Thanks for all the inputs.

Before recontract, I was using "Pay as I Roam" service.

During the recontract to $25 sim only plan, there was free roaming but I ask to disable it.

So the disabling also resulting in disable of "Pay as I Roam" service.

Using the app to enable roaming (shown in the screenshot above), I am able to activate the free roaming service that comes with the $25 sim plan. Just received my latest bill and I was not charged, in line with the app description.

Case Closed. Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Thanks for the update. We're glad that the issue is resolved.