Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Line Suspension for 1 year

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Temporary Line Suspension for 1 year

Hi ppl,

I will be away for 1 year later this year, and was wondering if it is possible to temporary suspend my line for a year (or until re-activated) during this time?

I understand that it is possible to suspend your line for a maximum of 6mths for $5.35 / mth.

But if I know I won't be back in 6 months, is it possible to extend this up to 1 year (or till I return and re-activate it, whichever is earlier)?

My 2 year contract has expired already, and I can still be billed the $5.35 / mth, with immediate termination if I do not re-activate my line after a year.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Grand Guru

Re: Temporary Line Suspension for 1 year

Temporary Suspension of Mobile line.

The max period is 6 months.

When the temporary suspension reached 6 months, you have to re-activate the mobile line.

Follow by another temporary suspension for 6 months again.

Do write to forum staff to assist you.

If you have any other queries do include, such as re-activate and another temporary suspension.

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Registered subscriber Name, NRIC/FIN number, contact, email.

PM @Jolene_L  or  @Amy_Law  to assist and look into your case on this matter

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

-----------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Hi eric3743,

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by re-activating my mobile line after 6 months?

• Does that mean that I have to call 1633 before 6 months to re-activate my mobile line, and then proceed to call it again to suspend it? What if I am overseas?
  • Is there a fee to re-activate your mobile line after suspension?

Since I know I'll be away for 10 to 12 months, I was hoping there was another way without having to jump through multiple hoops and paying a bunch of fees.

Not sure why this isn't an option on the account manager, where the user can:

1. Choose date to begin suspension and when to re-activate the mobile line.
  2. Get quotation for above, and pay via bank transfer, credit card, etc.
  3. Have an option for user to sign in and re-activate phone (with any extra money charged, in the event it was re-activated earlier, reimbursed in the next month's bill).
  4. Have another option to further extend the suspension and pay for it.

Just thoughts. Thanks for your reply again.

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ CuriousMax

You can simply drop me a PM when you require an extension and we'll forward it to the team for review. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Hi Amy,

Is there any way to review this beforehand based on my records with Starhub?

I can still be invoiced for the suspension payments every month and arrange for payments while I am abroad. Let me know if it is better for me to go down to a Starhub Customer Service.

Thanks for the help!

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi  CuriousMax

This is where forum staff will assist you on this matter.

When you want to start the temporary suspension, do write in earlier to forum staff to assist you.

And to state the dates and do include your contact & email to contact you while you are oversea.

And to re-activate and then do another temporary suspension you could request forum staff to assist you.

Hence you just write to forum staff once to re-activate and then activate the temporary suspension.

Forum staff do include Customer-Service Team, hence no need to contact HOTline 1633 CS as it is always busy line.

While it is on temporary suspension, there will be no calls, sms, mobile data; meaning SIM card no signal.

At the from the point of temporary suspension, there is no monthly charges for the mobile plan.

The charges is for this temporary suspension is $5.35 (incl gst) monthly and billed at the end of the temporary suspension.

Should you required further temporary suspension, you could request for the bill to be settled after the temporary suspension is ended.

If you are on contract, the contract expired date will be extended depend on the period of this temporary suspension.

As this do not apply to you as you have completed the contract.

It is not wise to include this "Temporary Suspension" in the user Account.

As this is only for a very small number of customers.

Also there is a danger if unknowning activate and submit this Temp Susp, as the mobile line number may be immediately suspended, of which anyone who have the access to your Account.

As this may be quite sensitive issue as some customers may not be aware and not happy if this is activated, as may claim as accidentally or not done by them.

By writing to forum staff &or contact HOTline CS as this could be recorded.

This was an "big" issue in the past as there were customers who claimed that they did not activate it.

Should you have any queries pertaining to your Account, please do write to the forum staff to answer.

Regards

Eric.