StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop deduction from third party - easygame

Honored Commentator

Stop deduction from third party - easygame

Hi, am not sure any other subscribers have faced similar issue of being charged monthly via starhub telco bill? Can starhub help to investigate and assist to stop the deduction?

Searched the internet and saw similar incident occured and SingTel helped their customer to resolve the issue.

thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager

Re: Stop deduction from third party - easygame

Hi @ Dhillon

You can stop these SMSes by activating the free PRS barring service at http://bit.ly/2fv2cRS at this time. Let us know if you do see anything unusual in your next bill. 

- Amy
Grand Guru

Hi,

For more info regarding to PRS services, please do refer to this link;

> [FAQ] Premium services (Third Party) charges on your StarHub bill

Meanwhile do login to My Starhub App - My Account - My subscribed services.

Select the Mobile number Contract and scroll to the bottom there is this Service settings.

"Manage Premium Rated Services" and select one of 3 options;

1.  3rd Party PRS Barring

2.  Full PRS Barring

3.  Deactivate PRS Barring

Do select the correct option and Submit.

If you are billed then do write in.

I am not Starhub staff.

Esteemed Commentator

hi im been charge for this scam how do i ask for a wavier of the charge 

Community Manager

Hi @ Glenold

Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll arrange for follow up. 

- Amy
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I never expected that I'm another victim of this scam. Could I requested to waive the charges? Does your Baring works? I'm concerned that I would be charged for the second time or other scam from the same syndicate.

Community Manager

Hi Jason, not to worry, if you see anything unusual in your next bill, do contact us and we will get the billing team to assist. 

Valued Contributor

Then what would happen to my current unauthorized charges? 

Grand Guru

Hi  JasonSH,

Do PM forum staff to assist you on this matter.

Please do send your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email to forum staff.

Either Amy_Law or Josephine C via click on Send a private message on the right side of their post.

For more info do refer to my previous post on this matter, including the settings to disable PRS.

Regards.

Valued Contributor

In Josephine reply, she only mentioned about the next bill. She had yet to reply about the current bill. Feeling frustrated about the whole episode. Starhub is pushing all these unauthorized billing to the user to settle themselves. Singtel is taking proactive step to help their users.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singtel-investigating-after-complaints-of-false-charges-for-mo...