cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePlus Main vs Dependent Line

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

SharePlus Main vs Dependent Line

I understand that SharePlus is a supplementary line to share talktime and data with main line. So is there any differences between the main and dependent line?

If I subscribe to SIM Only XS Plan + SharePlus, there will be 200mins + 3GB. So either the main or SharePlus line can utilise up to 200mins + 3GB as long as the total usage do not exceed 200mins + 3GB, is it correct?

How about other VAS like Direct Carrier Billing? Can both the main and dependent line use Direct Carrier Billing for app puchase?

6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: SharePlus Main vs Dependent Line

Hi mayyin

Yes, both the SharePlus main and dependent line can share the main plan's bundles. Excess usage under each line will be charged to that line individually.

You can sign up for Direct Carrier Billing under each mobile line individually as well. All other VASes will need to be activated separately on each main and dependent line. 

- Amy
Senior Commentator

Hi Amy,

Can you clarify on "Excess usage under each line will be charged to that line individually."? Since both the lines share the main plan's bundles, the excess should be charged to the main line right?

I am considering to port over two lines to StarHub so I would like to know if it matters which will be the main line and which will be the supplementary line.

Community Manager

Hi @ mayyin

You can set which is the main line and dependent line during sales sign up. Excess usage under individual lines will be charged to each line separately. You can check out the terms at www.starhub.com/shareplus. 

- Amy
Senior Commentator

Hi Amy,
I have checked the SharePlus link. It is stated in the page that "*FREE 1GB data upsize". Do you know if the 1GB is for main line or dependent line?
I use one of my lines more for data and would like to assign that line with 1GB data upsize when porting over.
Community Manager

Good day Mayyin, 1GB data upsize can only be tied to the SharepPus dependent line.

Grand Guru

Hi,

Well there is this > DataShare where you can pass some data to other line that require more.

Also you can add more data > Data - VAS  based on your needs.

Explore all the > VAS - Value Added Services for more options.

i am not starhub staff.