cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Waiver For Accidental Exceeding Data

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Seeking Waiver For Accidental Exceeding Data

My kids have used my phone which caused my data to over exceed by 0.078GB without my knowledge. I would like to seek your kind waiver for this month. Currently I have switched my mobile data in off mode to prevent further usage. Would like your advise on how to deter high usage like this as  my normal usage is quite low.

9 REPLIES 9
Grand Guru

Re: Seeking Waiver For Accidental Exceeding Data

Hi,

For better monitor and alert, do activate Usage Alerts for warning for; before, reached & exceed limit notification by SMS.

Login to your Account via My Starhub App.

Go to My Account -> Mobile usage -> Filter the mobile number, if more than 1.

Scroll down to activate the Usage Alerts and do the necessary settings, such as adding a SMS to another mobile number, if any.

Save the setting.

The mobile data usage is "live" and hence will start to notify once the data is near to the limit (within 200MB) of the plan, follow by reaching the limit 100% and final message when exceed 200MB.

Whereas calls and sms are only updated with 1 - 2 days delay but there are no warning or notification.

For wavier, it is best to wait for the the bill then submit your request to forum staff to assist you.

Do PM (private message) forum staff Amy_Law to assist you on this matter.

Or to the forum staff that reply here, by clicking on the staff's post: Send a private message.

Click on this link; >> Send private message to Amy_Law

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Message Subject:

Registered subscriber full Name, NRIC/FIN number, account (if any) and your contact & email.

Description:  

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

i am not starhub staff.

Esteemed Commentator

I have set up data usage alert via the app previously. Though it does help in some sense, a few times it was too late to stop incurring additional charges because the usage surge came too sudden.

Community Relationship Manager

Hi @yappi91, so sorry but we're unable to waive off any charges for data that have been incurred. 

Esteemed Commentator

I am fine if Starhub can't waive it off. I am looking for solution to stop exceeding the 6GB. Do you have the option to to cut off data once my target is reached? The extra data charge is so much higher.

Grand Guru

Hi,

There is this option in the phone setting where you can stop mobile data upon reaching the limit.

In the Phone Setting  -  Connection.

Data Usage option and with Mobile data turn on to go to advance setting.

Billing Cycle option there is a Apply data usage limit option to turn on.

The Data usage limit option is to Set data usage limit.

Do include the setting on the billing cycle period.

The above option may depend on the phone model.

Please do note that phone monitor usage may differ from Telco.

Hence you may have to trial and error to find the most convenience limit to set.

And do monitor yourself on the regular period.

Regards.

Esteemed Commentator

I am using iPhone 6. Don't think I have that option to set the limit that is why I am seeking Starhub to do the setting.

Alumni (Retired)

You can only monitor and track your data usage. There is no option for you to set a limit. You can refer here http://bit.ly/2GCRp3D  on how to track your data usage.

Esteemed Commentator

Look like StarHub doesn't have the option now but can work towards to provide that as an option in near future. Some customers may prefer the data to be cut off once their limit is reached then to surprise us with the high charges.

Grand Guru

Well there is this option available

> Share Your Ideas with Us

Click on  >> Submit an idea  

Some past ideas were successful implemented.

> Some of the past Ideas and the comments

Regards.