cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous Roaming Bill

Respected Commentator

Ridiculous Roaming Bill

Hi,

I was recently in the UK on annual leave. I have a roaming plan but did not connected to the preferred network but was very careful not to use apps that require data as I did not what to incur any unnecessary charges.

On June 10th I switched the data plan on so that I could send a message to a friend on Facebook. The cost for these messages was <SGD5. BUT I forgot to switch it off.

Before 10th June I downloaded a playlist onto Spotify using Wifi. In order to access that playlist I had the app open. No data should have been downloaded (although perhaps spotify was downloading minimal data in the background). So as far as I was concerned I was listening to a playlist that had been downloaded to my iPhone and not using data at all. Imagine my surprise when I received 5 SMS's in the space of 3 minutes indicating that i had spent > SGD100 on data charges - yet I hadn't downloaded or accessed any data, I was listening to my downloaded songs! For 4MB of data I was charged >SGD100.

So I have been charged >SGD100 for using data when I had no idea that I was even using data, and the total amount of data is <4MB.

This is outrageous and unacceptable.

Starhub - what can you do about this?

James

2 REPLIES
Grand Master

Re: Ridiculous Roaming Bill

Hi  @James The First

You can refer to how the high charges for iPhone users come from.

Click on --> Santosh Rai reply on High Data Usage   

For any other clarification, you can  PM @Santosh Rai

Do include your personal details and other relevant info thru PM (private message)

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

----------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Alumni (Retired)

Re: Ridiculous Roaming Bill

Hi James The First,

Can you kindly PM me your account details so that we can escalate to the relevant team to assist you in your issue. 

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

Thank you