GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting for a new SIM Card (Based overseas)

Trusted Commentator

Requesting for a new SIM Card (Based overseas)

Dear Starhub,

I need to request for a new SIM Card because my iPhone failed to recognise the SIM Card even after trying slotting in for several times. The issue is I am now located overseas (USA) till the end of the year and would really need the SIM Card as I will be travelling around in USA and Europe in this period of time too. 

Is there a way you guys mailing to overseas or my family member can collect the new SIM Card on my behalf and mail to me? 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Requesting for a new SIM Card (Based overseas)

Hi Evelyn, you may send a 3rd party or family member to StarHub main outlets located at Vivo City, Tampines Mall, Plaza Singapura, NEX, Jurong Point for collection of replacement SIM.

Do note that if subscriber is not present, authorized person must bring along both NRIC and letter of authorization signed by the subscriber. - Simon 

Trusted Commentator

Thanks for the prompt reply. I just want to double confirm if the use of NRIC photocopy is allowed as I have brought my NRIC overseas with me (for a form of identification). Thanks!
Community Manager

Hi evelynxyz,

I regret to inform you that only original copy of the NRIC will be accepted. Thank you.

- Jackson
Trusted Commentator

Then may you provide another recourse to resolve this issue of mine? I am holding my NRIC now and currently located in USA. I think it’s far more dangerous and cause legal implication if I have to mail back my NRIC just to request a new SIM Card. thank you.
Grand Guru

Hi,

Not sure how do you determine the fault lies with the SIM card and nothing else.

Have you try to use another working SIM card to your iphone to see if it works or not.

Or put the Starhub SIM card to another working phone to check the status.

Also have you try to use a eraser to polish the gold contact of the SIM card and clear the bits.

This is to ensure it is not dirt on the gold contact which may interfere with the SIM card operation.

Just a suggestion.

i am not starhub staff.

Trusted Commentator

Hello ericc3743,
Thanks for your input. I’m also using this iPhone for another SIM card and it’s working fine. No issues. so that’s where I found out that the fault lies in my StarHub SIM card.

I’ll try your cleaning method and get back here again! Thanks a lot once again!

Trusted Commentator

Tried and it doesn’t work. Smiley Sad thanks btw! Would appreciate if Starhub staff can get back to me with regards to requesting for a replacement SIM card.
Community Manager

Hi evelynxyz,

I've dropped you a PM, do take a look and reply there.

Thank you.

- Jackson