cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request waiver for data roaming charges

Respected Commentator

Request waiver for data roaming charges

Dear Starhub, 

I am writing to seek waiver for the overseas roaming data charges. When I was overseas recently, I purchased a DataTravel package. However, I was charged for excess data used due to the lapse in your data usage alerting system and data usage update in the app.

As I have read in other forum threads, customers are encouraged to track their data usage using the Starhub app and also via SMS notification. However, it is unacceptable that I am being charged for data used before I was alerted. As you can see from the image below, I was informed that my DataTravel package was fully depleted only at 09:47am and also informed that my data roaming usage had exceeded $20 at the same time. This is extremely upsetting, especially when I also monitored my usage via the app but it was not updated. The SMS notification was also delayed by almost half an hour. Once I received the alert, I had immediately turned off the data.

Appreciate if you could look into this. Let me know what information I can provide to aid in your investigation. Thanks.

IMG_3649.jpg

3 REPLIES
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Request waiver for data roaming charges

Hi axetee

We are so sorry that we do not have a service to track the data usages while roaming. 

Respected Commentator

Thanks for the reply, Priya.

Yes, noted that Starhub does not track roaming. I'm actually referring to the app tracking of data usage for the DataTravel package. Another form of notification for the DataTravel package is also the SMS that Starhub sends to inform users when their DataTravel package is completely depleted. However.. these notifications were delayed by almost 30mins.. not a short delay, and thus resulting in roaming charges instead. Once i received the notification, I immediately turned off the data.

Regardless, I appreciate your understanding and assistance to look into this and waive off the charges as I've been a loyal customer to Starhub all these years and have never had such issues.. Looking forward to your favourable response and I'll be glad to provide more details if needed.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Hi there, 

Received an incomplete private message from @Hanbali_N, but somehow not able to reply via the same channel. Let me know if can I provide any further information please? 

Thank you.