Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for waiver of SIM Replacement fees

SOLVED
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Request for waiver of SIM Replacement fees

Hi, is it possible to request for a waiver of SIM Replacement fees? I was helping my dad do his SIM card replacement as he is still using a old big size SIM Card and his new phone needs a Nano SIM.

Last time i understand there would be a free one time replacement but somehow the customer service officer serving me at Tampines branch say i need to write in to request.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Guru
Solution

Re: Request for waiver of SIM Replacement fees

Hi,

Most SIM Card are pre-cut to 3 size including nano size.

Do check on the SIM card itself for any pre-cut for easy tear-out.

i am not starhub staff.

3 REPLIES 3
Grand Guru
Solution

Hi,

Most SIM Card are pre-cut to 3 size including nano size.

Do check on the SIM card itself for any pre-cut for easy tear-out.

i am not starhub staff.

Valued Contributor

Sorry I didn't mean to mark this as an accepted solution. I know new sim cards are precut into 3 sizes. What I mean is the original sim card is so old it predates even the micro sim era, and has the metallic chip so big I can't even ask mobile shops to try to cut it with a cutter.

I have already gotten the card replaced and I was already told the sim replacement fee will be billed in my next bill and I want to get a waiver for that because the plan is only recontracted recently and its the first time ever that I get this card replaced and my other phone lines used to have at least waiver for the first time it was replaced...
Community Relationship Manager

Hi ChongTang, I'm sorry to share that SIM card replacement fees can't be waived.