GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontract

Esteemed Commentator

Recontract

I've been a loyal customer of StarHub for 8+ years now, and i was offered a $100 voucher again for a recontract. This has been the very same promotion given to renewing customers from years back, and even to new customers, and I know other telco providers have recently been giving out way better offers to switch to their network. I would like to ask if StarHub can provide loyal customers like myself a much better offer than just a $100 voucher, as I'm happy with my services, and I want to remain a loyal customer of your company. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
hyh
New Commentator

Re: Recontract

Im so glad someone asked regarding this issue.

We also have been using Starhub for almost 9 yrs. My dad is a HubClub member, so usually Starhub would mail us gift voucher for handsets for recontract. But they have stopped offering us gift vouchers for quite some times already. We did not mind because we didnt need the voucher that time. 

But this time, I wanted to recontract and get a new handset. Naturally, i look forward to the promotions and gift vouchers because we've been using Starhub for almost a decade. So, I checked with the CS at the counter in WestGate about that gift voucher and she said "Oh, its related to marketing department. They've stopped giving out gift vouchers". But I thought may be I could call to hotline and check with them if its really the case. Because I heard from my friends that u need to scold them or demand them to give promotion for the "Loyal Customers".

So, I called in to 1633 and inquired (not to scold). The person said he will check with some department and get back to me within 24 hrs. I just wanted to know if starhub still giving out the gift vouchers or not. Anyway, he didnt call me back. So, i called in yesteryday and check. The lady said she will check and get back to me "with in today", which is yesterday. But no one from starhub called me. So, i called in earlier and explained the situation 3rd time. She said I will get $30 gift voucher for free caller ID for 6 months. I dont understand why. The earlier people did not understand my inquiry because my english is bad? So, I tried to explain it wasnt for the free caller ID that i asked for. And she said she will escalate to respective department and get back to me within (u guess it) 24 hrs, again. 

But according to this gentleman above, it seems Starhub still giving out gift vouchers. May be only to a few selectives loyal customers. We've been using Starhub for almost a decade and we're quite satisfied with the service so far. But this kind of experiece make me want to change to another ISP.

So please dear Starhub, I just wanted to know if u guys still giving out the vouchers or not.

If yes, cool. I can save a few bucks for casing. If no, I will just continue with my recontract and get it over and done with. Or better or worse we change to another ISP. Smiley Happy

Community Relationship Manager

Hi @RyRzn, thanks for your continuous support. Drop me a PM with your StarHub Account Number, mobile number, NRIC and email address, I'll check on your recontract voucher and get back to you. -Jolene 

Community Relationship Manager

Hi @hyh, thanks for your support all these years. As a Hub Club memeber, you should receive $500 mobile voucher. Please send me a private message with your dad's StarHub Account Number, NRIC, mobile number that you're recontracting with and I'll check if a voucher is available in the account. -Jolene 

Esteemed Commentator

Sent you a PM. Thank you.
Esteemed Commentator

Nothing? No reply? Nada? Ok. Thank you.

Community Manager

Hello RyRzn, sorry for the delayed response. Could you send me a Private Message with your dad's details instead? I'll assist you from here. Thank you - Josephine

Esteemed Commentator

My dad's? Where did that come from?
Community Manager

Sorry for the typo. I meant your details. Thank you - Josephine

Esteemed Commentator

Sent a PM to Jolene about three weeks ago, and didn't receive a response. Sent you a PM. Thanks.