Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontract for SmartSurf Value.

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Recontract for SmartSurf Value.

Hello,

I have a smartsurf value contract that ends on January 2016. 

I want to check how much would it be to recontract in order to get the iPhone 6/iPhone 6+  16/34GB ? 

I also tried the online store to check the recontract stuff, it says that my number is not eligible and if I would like to start a new contract? What would be the reason? If I did start a new contract, what would happen to the current one? 

Please advise.

Thank you,

Yoga

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Grand Guru

Re: Recontract for SmartSurf Value.

Firstly, you need to sign in to your account. This is to access your Account services, especially for recontract on any Sevices that you have with Starhub and Eligible for recontract.

Next, Go to the "Store" to select your choice. On top, each service with icon. Mobile, BB, TV, etc.

At this point, it will asked you which mobile line you intend to use for recontract.

This will appear if you did sign in to your account, first.

Most probably if you had not sign in to your account, it will inform you that is New Contract.

Online store will display all the items & amount (such as "Early Recontract" fee) before you confirm.

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Dear Eric, I was signed in and my numbers were shown. When I choosed my mobile number they say it's not eligible for recontract. 

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Dear Eric, 

I was signed in and my numbers were shown. When I choosed my mobile number they say it's not eligible for recontract. 

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hey @YogaBear, after logging in with your Hub iD, you can do a quick check on your recontract eligibility status on the page - https://www.starhub.com/personal/store/mobile/browse.html

To get there, navigate to  Personal > Store > Mobile > Product Listings (Scroll down to [Related Links] and select the green panel [Recontract])

When you click [Buy Now] while making a purchase on the online store, a popup will prompt you to select 'New sign up' or 'Recontract'.  By clicking 'Recontract', you will be prompted if you are eligible to recontract.

Hub iD FAQ

When you log in with your Hub iD, under your My Account Summary, if the 'Renew Contract' link is not available, here's why:

The ‘Renew Contract’ link is made available when the minimum period of service under your contract for each individual service is fulfilled. For Mobile, re-contract is available from the 13th month onwards of your existing 24 months contract. An Early re-contract fee applies for renewing between 13th and 21st month of your mobile contract. (Read more)

I did a quick browse on the website and found that the iPhone 6 32GB is not available for selection.  Let me check with my support team, and I can PM you more about this.

If you need to speak with someone about the Apple iPhone 6, do call our sales hotline at 1630 for assistance. Or click on my nickname to drop me a private message about your mobile plan. 

Some of my posts on this community site are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Grand Guru

As stated in your first post,  your  mobile contract end on January 2016.

This could meaning you had completed 12 months of the contract.

There are several reasons as why you cannot recontract on that particular  mobile line.

You need to log in to your Starhub Account. 

Beside your Name, click on the 'down arrow' to go to  "My Account",  as mentioned by  @NickF 

At the Account Summary, look for the mobile line that you want to recontract, then click on the "Plan"

There is a word  "Contract"  on the highlight.

If there is blank, meaning you cannot recontract.

If there is some wording, with all the info you on mobile contract eligible to recontract.

If you are unsure about the reason,

You can PM  @NickF  (as stated in his post) and provide all the details, for him to follow-up with you.