cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-contract mobile

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Re-contract mobile

I currently have a 4G3 contract with SharePlus that ends in Nov 2017. I am a HubClub member. There is some confusion online about whether a re-contract fee applies. Do I need to pay a fee should I re-contract for a new LG G5 handset? Does the $100 discount in the Starhub online store apply? 

6 REPLIES 6
Grand Guru

Re: Re-contract mobile

As Hubber, there is benefit for doing Annual Handset Upgrade.

This is similar to Early Recontract fee of $300 for mobile contract completed 12 months.

As the hubber benefit for this is a wavier of $200, hence you need to top up $100 ($300 - 200)

This is in additional to the handset upfront cost.

Do note that this applies to both Online and Shops purchase.

It will be stated during the Online process on whether to select to use this benefit or not.

Suggest you to do the Online purchase before 9.00 pm as if there is any problem, you can contact the Sales Hotline 1630 CS and will divert your call to online store for further assistance, including to complete your process, documents submission via fax/email, delivery, etc.

Should you encountered any problem while doing it after 9.00 pm you can put on hold and continue the next day, by contacting sales hotline 1630 CS to follow-up.

i did most purchase online, without issue including using hubber benefit.

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Awesome, thanks. Unfortunately the phone I want is out of stock now. Oh
well.
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Hi @eric3743,

I would like to ask. How does one get hubber waiver? How do i check if i have one? Cause i seem to have no benifits at all. My contract is ending in 2 days. This is my first 2 years contract expiring btw..

And one more thing. Let's say my contract is ending in 2 more days. And i want to re-contract. But i still want to think about it. Can i recontract a week later (or more) after my re-contract ends or do i have to re-contract asap? And once my contract expires. Am i still able to use my current number & data and just pay it end of the month as usual?

Awaiting your reply.
Thanks..
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Oh yeah. For the longest time I was on a mobile plan without being on
a contract. Contract and recontracting only makes sense if you want to buy
a handset at a discount.

Apparently you get Hubber waiver fee for early recontract as long as you
are a Hub Club member (aka you subscribe to all three services: mobile,
internet, cable tv).
Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi  @Christian Chew

As  @  lai  mentioned, you need to have all 3 main services, namely; Mobile, Broadband and TV Services; registered under your Name.

For recontract, you can recontract anytime even after the contract have expired.

In order to retain your mobile line number, there are other options.

One option is if you do not want a new handset yet, then you can consider SIM-only plan.

This SIM-only plan cost 50% off the normal 4G plans.

You can do re-contract &or sign-up again, anytime without any penalty.

Regards

Eric.

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Hi lai,

Oh so that's how it is. A shame. Cause other telco gives some sort of discount's just to get their customer renew their contract. Oh well. (; Thanks for the answer & thanks for letting me borrow your thread. Smiley Very Happy