StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port over from circles

Senior Contributor

Port over from circles

I'm planning to port over from circles. I went to the customer service at CCK, and was told to terminate my contract with circles for them to do the port over.

However, circles told me not to terminate as it would result losing my current number. If anyone could help, please let me know what is the correct procedure? I almost lost my number due to the overconfident and ignorant staff at CCK.

6 REPLIES 6
Grand Guru

Re: Port over from circles

Hi,

For porting to retain your current mobile number.

Visit your prefer Telco-2 to port to and inform the sales staff you want to port-in and sign-up.

Do not terminate your current Telco-1 on the mobile line else they will retain the mobile number.

The Telco-2 will issue you a SIM card and you may have to sign porting form.

Telco-2 will inform Telco-1 on the porting among themselves.

This process usually done in the evening at around 11.00 pm and completed by midnight weekdays.

Telco-1 will send you a final bill on the usuallly billing date.

Note that it is best to settle any outstanding bills amount with Telco-1 prior doing porting at Telco-2 as to avoid unnecessary delay &or disappointment.

i am not starhub staff.

Senior Contributor

Thank you so much!
Grand Guru

@Gray wrote:

I'm planning to port over from circles. I went to the customer service at CCK, and was told to terminate my contract with circles for them to do the port over.

However, circles told me not to terminate as it would result losing my current number. If anyone could help, please let me know what is the correct procedure? I almost lost my number due to the overconfident and ignorant staff at CCK.

Please visit Starhub shops > Starhub shops and locations  to do the porting process.

Not sure if you are using their Exclusive Partners which may provide you conflicting answers.

Also it is best not to do any porting in non Telco stores especially in Exclusive Partners.

This is to avoid unnecessary issue as they may not able to handle any porting process.

i am not starhub staff.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thank you eric3743! You're such a great help.
Senior Contributor

Thank you starhub for reaching out to me. I wanted to send an email to say that I have successfully port over my number over and that all is well now. I have received a call from the service center already and I hope that a gentle reminder to update the staffs will suffice and no penalty is given. Please do drop me an email instead of phone calls if you wished to reach out to me again as I am busy and prefer communication through emails for future reference. Thank you once again for the fine service.
Community Manager

Glad to hear that your concerns have been attended to. Have a great start to the new year! Smiley Happy

- Amy