cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating frequencies

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Operating frequencies

What are the operating frequencies for 2G, 3G and 4G?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Operating frequencies

Hi @ mnw0610

We operate at the GSM frequencies 900, 1800 and 2100Mhz.

- Amy
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

So 2G is GSM frequency 900MHz, 3G is GSM frequency 1800MHz and 4G is GSM frequency 2100MHz?

2G is no longer in use, so there is no more 900MHz?

If my device is GSM 850/900/1800/1900, can I use a 4G SIM card?

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ mnw0610

Which handset brand and model are you using currently?

- Amy
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am using a smart watch and the model is DZ09.

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

From the overview of the specs I found, it does seem as if 4G is supported. We recommend you approach the manufacturer to confirm if the watch is able to support 4G speeds. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The feedback I received from the seller is that I can use the watch with 2G and 3G networks.  They also committed that the watch will adjust to 3G when I use a 4G SIM card.

I have tested my watches (I have more than one of the same model) with a 4G SIM card and it keeps giving 'No service' error.

From your response, it seems like I able to use 3G network.  But 3G SIM cards are no longer being sold.

Would you know how I can get my watch to make phone calls?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The feedback I received from the seller is that I can use the watch with 2G and 3G networks.  They also committed that the watch will adjust to 3G when I use a 4G SIM card.

I have tested my watches (I have more than one of the same model) with a 4G SIM card and they keep giving 'No service' error.

From your response, it seems like I able to use 3G network.  But 3G SIM cards are no longer being sold.

Would you know how I can get my watch to make phone calls?

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ mnw0610

Our SIM Cards are all 3G and 4G network compatible. If you insert the SIM Card on a handset, you'll be able to switch off 4G services on the handset to use 3G services only.

Do check with the manufacturer for more details on how to use the watch with the SIM Card.

- Amy
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If I have a handset that is GSM 850/900/1800/1900, will it work if I insert a 4G SIM card?