Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old mobile plan 3G smartsurf 100

SOLVED
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Old mobile plan 3G smartsurf 100

I have a old plan and currently using iPhone 4. Still working but cannot download new apps like health app. Can I buy a non contract iphone to use with the old plan? Should I wait for iPhone 8 or jus buy any iPhone 7 or even 6? Any advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Old mobile plan 3G smartsurf 100

Most new & latest model phones are &or should be up-to-date in the OS.

So the downloading on Apps should not be any issue.

It is the SIM card that is able to use to any 3G or 4G phones.

The mobile plan is not related to phone, as it is on the Telco itself.

On how long they allow you to continue to use old existing plan, there normally have a period of time when this plans expired or no longer exist.

On this matter, most likely you will receive notification on the termination &or date that this plan ended.

As long as you do not recontract &or terminate the plan, there is possible of able to continue to use.

So far i have not come across on this announcement yet on termination of these mobile plans.

Should any forum staff come across this thread & posts, they may &or will let you know should there be any expiry of these mobile plans.

Or when you still can continue to use, and do ensure the subscription is correctly billed.

As currently there are so many VAS (value added services) with different types of data plan.

Such as additional of 3GB for $6, Data Jump of up to 21GB for higher plan.

For example one of my plan is on Data Jump +10GB for 4G-5 plan with a total of 5+10 = 15GB data per month at the cost of $10 monthly subscription.

And not to forget there are also VAS to pass some datas to other mobile lines within all the Subscriber's mobile lines.

This could be more or retain of customers without contract for subscribers such as in your case.

Maybe you could take a calculation on the difference between your current plan and 4G plans, taking into consideration on the number of GB datas.

Edit: And to also take into consideration on the cost of mobile handset with and without contract as comparision on the overall cost.

That is to say you are on the same plan for more than 24 months which is like 1 contract term.

Meaning the saving on the cost of the phone and the price on additional datas.

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

5 REPLIES
Grand Master

Download of Apps may not have anything to do with mobile plans.

Even using wifi download of apps do not have any issue.

Your issue could be that the phone OS and apps may not be compatible.

Meaning some apps are for newer version of IOS or Android OS.

Normally it will be stated that the Apps is not for that particular OS version.

Do note sometimes when the plan no longer exist, it either remain for a period of years;

or the rates revert to original price which is not under contract for the period of years.

That is if you continue to use without recontract or not to terminate.

This has to refer to Starhub official statements.

Respected Commentator

Thank you for your information. Appreciate it.

What will your recommendation be if I still want to maintain with the plan and to get a non contract iPhone so that I could enjoy the use of newer apps. Would the new iPhone be able to use the old plan with ease? Sorry for my limited knowledge on this. I am not a technology chaser but after 4 years of using iPhone 4 and still value the old plan which is cheaper than the newer offered plans plus with 12 G of data, I would not want to lose this plan.

Respected Commentator

Thank you for your information. Appreciate it.

Grand Master
Solution

Most new & latest model phones are &or should be up-to-date in the OS.

So the downloading on Apps should not be any issue.

It is the SIM card that is able to use to any 3G or 4G phones.

The mobile plan is not related to phone, as it is on the Telco itself.

On how long they allow you to continue to use old existing plan, there normally have a period of time when this plans expired or no longer exist.

On this matter, most likely you will receive notification on the termination &or date that this plan ended.

As long as you do not recontract &or terminate the plan, there is possible of able to continue to use.

So far i have not come across on this announcement yet on termination of these mobile plans.

Should any forum staff come across this thread & posts, they may &or will let you know should there be any expiry of these mobile plans.

Or when you still can continue to use, and do ensure the subscription is correctly billed.

As currently there are so many VAS (value added services) with different types of data plan.

Such as additional of 3GB for $6, Data Jump of up to 21GB for higher plan.

For example one of my plan is on Data Jump +10GB for 4G-5 plan with a total of 5+10 = 15GB data per month at the cost of $10 monthly subscription.

And not to forget there are also VAS to pass some datas to other mobile lines within all the Subscriber's mobile lines.

This could be more or retain of customers without contract for subscribers such as in your case.

Maybe you could take a calculation on the difference between your current plan and 4G plans, taking into consideration on the number of GB datas.

Edit: And to also take into consideration on the cost of mobile handset with and without contract as comparision on the overall cost.

That is to say you are on the same plan for more than 24 months which is like 1 contract term.

Meaning the saving on the cost of the phone and the price on additional datas.

Respected Commentator

Thank you and appreciate your time and effort in your respond....