cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Official Complaint] Starhub Co-operate discount online registration process

Trusted Commentator

[Official Complaint] Starhub Co-operate discount online registration process

ISSUE

Recently I have promotional link I received for cooperate customer in my work email. I clicked the link and it is directed to starhub website. Then I have re-contracted my mobile. That number is previously under cooperate discount.  However, after I have re-contracted it seems that, cooperate discount is no longer applied for that. As of now I am still working in company, the company surely has cooperate scheme for starhub. I can provide the document to prove I have been under company this entire time. There is no reason for me “not to have” cooperate discount for this number.

My follow up

When I found out from my bill that there is no cooperate discount, then I email and called starhub customer service. I was told that I do not enjoy cooperate discount because I did not upload staff document. Then I told the customer service officer on the phone, I can provide staff card and document to prove I was under company this entire time (before and after re-contract). I was told, it cannot be helped because staff card can only accept during registration process, not after the registration.

My Thoughts on the case

Firstly, I log in with my hub id for the online registration and re-contract my mobile. So I assumed, system should already have my co-operate staff card enrolled under my hub id, since I had re-contracted so many time before, with same mobile line under cooperate discount.

Secondly, and yes, I partially take the blame too, for not uploading my staff card because of above mentioned reason. Even if that’s the case, starhub online re-contract registration system could indicate something like “previously you are enjoying staff discount, if you proceed now without staff card upload, you will no longer enjoy it” or some kind of indication like that. Throughout the entire online registration process, there is not even a single message or pop up showing or indicating that I will no longer be applied for cooperate scheme. There is no indication at all and registration process just proceed as if like there is no major changes. Staff discount vs no longer applied staff discount is a big change for 2 years, it should indicated clearly to customers to be aware of such changes before proceeding.

Lastly, while I was talking to customer service officer on the phone, I told her I can provide staff card and documents to prove I am indeed under cooperate this entire time, even before and after the re-contract. Again, I was told, it cannot be helped because staff card can only accept during registration process, not after the registration. To me, it means, for starhub, even if customer can prove that, it is the truth that customer is indeed under company this entire time, it doesn’t mean or matter anything for starhub. After registration process, nobody care if you are truthful or not. Customer not uploading staff card is customer’s problem, starhub has no obligation or inform or highlight of the major changes during online re-contract process?

That makes me sad, honestly. I am loyal customer for a decade and paid all my bills on time. I can give you my billing account if you want to check payment history and records. But at the end, nothing matters.

12 REPLIES 12
Community Manager

Re: [Official Complaint] Starhub Co-operate discount online registration process

Hi jxy1986

I am sorry to hear about your experience, and I understand your frustration. Please drop me a PM with your registered name, registered mobile number and Hub ID/email address by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < for me to review this with the relevant team. Thank you.

- Jackson

- Jackson
Trusted Commentator

Re: [Official Complaint] Starhub Co-operate discount online registration process

Hi Jackson,

I have PM you my details.

Community Manager

We've responded to your PM. Thank you.

Trusted Commentator

Hi,

It has been a week, i did not get any response on the matter besided receiving PM stating that my case has be referred to relevant team.

Community Manager

We've PM you. Thank you.

Trusted Commentator

I have received PM reply from Starhub last Friday. 

The PM reply is still the same thing as before, which is “there is nothing we(starhub) could help”.

Besides saying “no” to me, things that I raised in my previous post are NOT addressed.

1. I log in with my hub id and there is already and existing line with currently Co-op scheme applied. How comes the system doesn’t know that I am under company.
  2. Even if I did not upload my staff card, there is not even a warning or any alert notifying me that “previously you are enjoying staff discount, if you proceed now without staff card upload, you will no longer enjoy it” or some kind of indication like that. Throughout the entire online registration process, there is not even a single message or pop up showing or indicating that I will no longer be applied for cooperate scheme. There is no indication at all and registration process just proceed as if like there is no major changes. Staff discount vs no longer applied staff discount is a big change for 2 years, it should indicated clearly to customers to be aware of such changes before proceeding.
  3. It means nothing for Starhub even though I can provide and prove all evident to show this entire time I was under company.

I am totally dissatisfied with how this case is handled.

10 years with you guys means nothing to you.

I am done with you guys. At the end of my current contacts, I will terminate all of my mobile lines and home internet, so that I will never ever have to deal you guys again.

Community Manager

Hi jxy, we have reply you via pm. Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Trusted Commentator

In PM you asked me to reply email for "further assistance", which i don't receive.

Even if i do have that email, why do i have to keep finding another person in starhub to assist me? I have already stated my case here loud and clear and also already provide all my personal details in PM. It is all about you guys want to help it or not.

To me, it looks like a never ending ping pong move, just to drag time longer, pushing me different teams and eventuall will gonna tell me the same sweet talk. So I am not gonna bother sending email to any other guy in starhub for so called "relevant team" to assist.

So either you guys help me fix this here or I will gonna proceed with my termination like i said before. I do believe i make myself very clear.

So if your next msg reply or PM to me is to go talk to this team or that team or email here, email there for "further assistance", then lets save your time. Don't bother.

Community Manager

We've replied to you via PM. Thank you.