cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service in Malaysia

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

No service in Malaysia

I am using a postpaid sim only plan and there's no service in malaysia. I read from other posts that I need to turn on roaming. But if I turn on data and roaming, I will incur data charges which I don't want. I just need to be able to receive calls and sms. Please assist.

Everyone's Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: No service in Malaysia

Hello @roycecheng, yes you need to turn on your roaming service to be able to connect to a network. In order for you to not incur data charges, you would need to turn OFF "Mobile Data" and "Data when roaming" on your phone.

~ Carla
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

I am not able to turn on roaming on my phone without turning on cellular data. Can you please advise how do I do that on an iPhone?

Highlighted

Please activate international roaming first through the My Starhub App. After that, if you are not automatically connected to the overseas network, you can do a manual selection of the overseas network on your mobile phone. Just go to Cellular > Network Selection. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

I already have pay-as-you-roam but there is no service shown on my iPhone when I am in Malaysia. Manual selection doesn't work as well.

Highlighted

In this case, please contact us through Facebook or Twitter as this will require us to check on your number settings' back end. 

~ Carla