StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New postpaid plan "XL" policy change and I am not happy with it

Valued Contributor

New postpaid plan "XL" policy change and I am not happy with it

Hi there, I had been using 4G12 for few years and I am quite happy for the benefit " can do recontract per year with $500 voucher " . Starhub recently change the 4G12 plan to XL plan with weekend unlimited data plan ( which is useless for me ) with data increase to 15GB  and price increase to $238 ( for me is ok with this increase )

What I am not happy for this plan is, for the $500 recontract voucher , starhub will deduct $300 for early recontract and i can only utilize $200 to buy new phone during the recontract . I don't know your competitor is it using the same policy ( I will definately check with them ), if they are not using this type of policy, I will say bye bye to you . 

P/S : I am a hub club member with 2 line with you. Planning to switch all the plan to Singtel if their side policy is better than you. 

10 REPLIES
Grand Master

Re: New postpaid plan "XL" policy change and I am not happy with it

The $500 yearly handset voucher is only applicable to the contract on that plan.

There is no Early Recontract fees apply for this to recontract to the same or similar plan.

The HomeHub Annual Upgrade Handset do not apply to this.

It apply to other plans.

Do write to forum staff to assist you to resolve this matter.

Do PM (private message) forum staff Amy_Law to assist you on this matter.

Or to the forum staff that reply here, by clicking on the staff's post: Send a private message.

Click on this link; >> Send private message to Amy_Law

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Message Subject:

Registered subscriber Name, NRIC/FIN number, contact, email.

Description:

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Valued Contributor

I had double check with 1633 and is solid confirm this. After you sign on XL plan, next year annual recontract, they will be a $300 early recontract to deduct from this voucher. Or else you are hub club member but still need to deduct $100 from this voucher. For my case, I have 2 lines , one of the line I will use hub club benefit and my 4G12 line one will use the annual recontract with $500 voucher. So far no issue with that.
But only with this idiot XL new plan policy that stop me to recontract
Grand Master

Nope the CS could be wrongly informed.

XL plan is similar to 4G12 plan with the SAME Benefit.

Go to download the brochure on this link for exact info;

>>  Mobile Voice and Data Services

It is stated clearly on the $500 voucher & benefit is the same.

Regards.

Valued Contributor

Starhub staff please step in and verify this matter . I am waiting the answer from your side

Community Manager

To be eligible to receive the $500 handset upgrade voucher, you will need to complete 12 consecutive months of continuous active service on the XL plan. You may offset the $300 early re-contract fee (ERF) with the $500 handset voucher usage. The remaining balance of $200 handset voucher can be used to purchase the handset with 2-year contract. Please refer to http://bit.ly/2y8n9Jt for details. Thank you. 

Valued Contributor

See bro, the starhub staff already reply. So the policy had been change for this new stupid XL plan. So everyone here please take note of this new policy in case you recontract for your 4G12 , the staff never mention to you.
Respected Commentator

I think it’s better to know it on the spot at starhub shops. I just read somewhere that someone just recontracted & fully utilized his $500 voucher. Managed to get an iphone 8 and an Android phone. Can someone really verify this? Thanka
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I had personally went to starhub shop and call 1633 and 1630 to check, all the answer given was the same, deduct $300 for early recontract and remaining $200 can be offset for any handphone purchase.
Let me give you an example : if currently you are in 4G12 plan and planning to recontract to XL using $500 recontract voucher, there will be no deduction of $$ and you can fully utilize the $500 voucher . But after you have recontract it to XL plan and for future recontract using the $500 voucher , there will be $300 deduction for early recontract and remaining can be use for handphone purchase. Hope you can understand it right now
Respected Commentator

Can some staff from Starhub here can confirm his example Given? Thanks