StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile trade-in

Trusted Commentator

Mobile trade-in

Is it possible for me to trade in my device and cover up the cost for the early re-contract fee of $300? And is the price of the devices in the online store same as the ones in the physical store?

7 REPLIES
Grand Guru

Re: Mobile trade-in

@Marcel wrote:

Is it possible for me to trade in my device and cover up the cost for the early re-contract fee of $300? And is the price of the devices in the online store same as the ones in the physical store?

Yes.. trade-in to offset on both upfront and recontract fee are applicable.

It is only available in Starhub shops as the staff will check on the condition of the phone & charger.

> Mobile Trade-in Prices

But do note that Online store do not allow to have trade-in.

For the phone pricing do note that Online store listing is only for Online purchase to sign-up/recontract.

Starhub shops and Exclusive Partners on phone pricing will be based on Starhub brochure.

i am not starhub staff.

Trusted Commentator

so,if i recontract now with the applicable fee of $300 due to early recontract, and i choose the $75 plan for a note 9 which cost $199 , how much do i have to pay in total?

Highlighted
Grand Guru

@Marcel wrote:

so,if i recontract now with the applicable fee of $300 due to early recontract, and i choose the $75 plan for a note 9 which cost $199 , how much do i have to pay in total?

The Early Recontract fees $300 is a separate issue as alternative to termination charges.

Whereas the upfront cost for the phone (if any) is still payable unless you opt for installment plans, if any.

Even if you take the installment plans you still require to pay this $300 fees when you checkout.

To simply put that Early Recontract fees $300 has to pay upon recontract.

For Online store you can walk thru the process to see the charges as you go along.

As long as you do not made the final payment and confirmation you can cancel the process by clicking on the Cart.

Regards.

Trusted Commentator

sorry forgot to mention about trading in my S8+ for $400 adding on to the total cost. 

Grand Guru

@Marcel wrote:

sorry forgot to mention about trading in my S8+ for $400 adding on to the total cost. 

Example:

1) Early Recontract fee  = $300.00

2) Handset upfront cost = $199.00 - Note: Online store pricing may differ from Starhub brochure.

3) Additional items = $0.00  - Note: Accessories and other items.

Total cost = $499.00

4) Trade-In  = -$400.00

Grand Total payable = $99.00

Do note that Trade-In is applicable in Starhub shops.

Trade-In = Handset + Charger + Cable  - in working condition as staff will check.

Please do settle any Outstanding Bill(s) amount completely to avoid unnecessary issue &or delay.

Going for the new mobile plan with additional 10GB data.

Regards.

Trusted Commentator

ah much thanks for the help. went to the starhub outlet and asked the person there and i have no idea how he calculated till $800+ minus off my trade in value totalling to $499. 

Grand Guru

@Marcel wrote:

ah much thanks for the help. went to the starhub outlet and asked the person there and i have no idea how he calculated till $800+ minus off my trade in value totalling to $499. 

Due to Online store discount of up to $300 ongoing promotion.

That's why i indicated on the "Note" on the pricing may differ between Online and Shops.

Also Online store pricing is nett price as compare to Shops is retail price and may include other items as i also indicated on.

Starhub shops pricing are based on the brochure available in the shops.

Do enjoy your Note 9.

Regards.