GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Fusion Pte Ltd - Unknown BOB Services 32

Esteemed Commentator

Mobile Fusion Pte Ltd - Unknown BOB Services 32

I have been billed first time in Jun for $60. Called customer care had checked that it was a kind of premium content service and asked me if I had received any messages or any confirmation on subscription. There wasn't any and she told me that this will be waived for the first time occurrence and she could help be bar the premium services completely. She said that the waiver will be reflected in my next bill which is July's.

The July bill just came and a new charge of $40 is reflected by the same description! Why did the customer care bar the services and still bill me on barred services? I have no means to cancel any subscription this Mobile Fusion has claimed and there is no point of contact. Why is Starhub collecting on their behalf not able to terminate the service? It's not making sense. Can I get some assistance here asap because my billing is on GIRO? This makes the billing look very unreliable and I would have to terminate the prompt bill arrangement if Starhub fails to execute what was promised and leave customers vulnerable to such scams. It has been a confidence hit on your services already.

15 REPLIES 15
Community Manager

Re: Mobile Fusion Pte Ltd - Unknown BOB Services 32

Hi Jerlyne

Premium content waiver may take up to 2 billing cycles as there is verifications and further checks to be made.

I believe our billing colleague had activated PRS barring when you called in previously. The $40 charge is actually the 'residual' charge, nevertheless please PM me your account details and mobile number. I will look into it.
Community Manager

Esteemed Commentator

Hi SimonN,

Have PM you the account number and mobile number. Thanks.
Esteemed Commentator

I had tried the BARPRS sms but no sms reply was received. Thereafter I called the customer hotline to bar and ask for waiver.
Community Manager

Sure. I've received your PM and will follow up with you from there.
Highlighted
New Commentator

After reading the many complaints about the "premium services" from Mobile Fusion Pte Ltd / BOB Services 31, this company is clearly a cheater. They have been complained and fined by IDA and shouldn't mobile service provider assist its customers by monitoring the high charges incurred by this company.

I have been charged this month for $90+ under my son's account for things which he did not even download. I spoke to your customer service staff whom told me that this charges cannot be waived and asked me if I would like to bar such downloads in future which can be done. I think it will be helpful if Starhub could assist to alert us when such high charges had incurred in a student plan, rather than informing us now that there is actually a way to block such services.

By the way when reading the post here, why is Starhub waiving such charges for some customers but I am told it cannot be waived? I hope to receive an explaination from Starhub if this is the right way to treat your loyal customer who has been with Starhub for more than 10 years?

New Commentator

I have the same experience. Starhub approved to wavie the charges but it did not reflect on my bill. Starhub should the responsible to protect their consumers. They should not allow the flexibility to allow third party charge on our bill and all must be set as barring by default. Just like atm card which set no overseas money withdrawer. The best part is I asked how this charges come about and customer service was unsure, asking me to call fusion and check with them. This is totally unacceptable how can you allow other to charge on the bill without proof that his customer granted permission to fusion. Starhub needs to look into this case seriously and provide a good explanation and preventive method. Making a police report is also one of the method. I trust there are many victims who did not see bill in detail, paid blindly.
New Commentator

I also have same problem! This is so call premium service for your premium customer? Just now called several time to your so call premium customer service phone no also not able to answer, what's wrong with your service?
New Commentator

I have the same issue. And worse because the number belongs to my dad. I seldom check his bills until recent sky high bills. I've been paying for the for some stupid services which he didnt even download. That amount up to a few hundred dollars. And I just renewed his contract. If i found out earlier I would have switch telco immediately! 

I need someone to get back to me. I'm sick of waiting aimlessly on your "customer care" line. Not that caring afterall.