cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub club recontract waiver

Trusted Commentator

Hub club recontract waiver

Hi

May I check if I can utilise the hub club recontract waiver through the online shop? Or do I have to go down to a physical shop?

Also, am I eligible for any recontract vouchers? We received a voucher last year for recontract but did not utilise it due to an online promotion so we got a phone for $0. I am planning to get the LG G6 and am wondering if any vouchers can be extended for use this time round. 

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
Grand Guru

Re: Hub club recontract waiver

Yes, you can use either hubber or recontract vouchers for online purchase.

Do note that hubber Annual Handset Upgrade waiver of $200

As Annual Handset Upgrade is the same as Early Recontract fee $300

Hence, you need to top-up of $100  ($300-$200) for this option.

Do refer to this link on more info on this Hubber; >> Annual Handset Upgrade

When you login using the Hub iD, there would have an indication of this Annual Handset Upgrade wavier of $200, if applicable.

Do select this when the process reach the payment page.

-----------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Community Manager

Hi taysharon, please send me a private massage with your StarHub Account number, NRIC/FIN, contact number and email address so that I can check and assist you on this. Thank you.- Josephine

Senior Commentator

I change to a 4G plan last year and found out last night that I need to top up additional $100 as Starhub only waive off $200 for recontract fee.

Question, what privilege do I get as a Hub Clubber? Why can't Starhub just waive off the fee completely? It doesn't seem attractive to make me being a hub clubber anymore. fyi, another telco can waive off completely and even offer further discount.

Senior Commentator

I change to a 4G plan last year and found out last night that I need to top up additional $100 as Starhub only waive off $200 for recontract fee.

Question, what privilege do I get as a Hub Clubber? Why can't Starhub just waive off the fee completely? It doesn't seem attractive to make me being a hub clubber anymore. fyi, another telco can waive off completely and even offer further discount.

Grand Guru

This was raised here when Starhub increase their Early Recontract fee to $300 form from original $200.

Original wavier is $200 except for iphone owners have to top-up $100.

This was raised by iphone owners why they should top-up $100 for them only.

With that in mind, then the 4G plans follow iphone plan to top-up $100.

Each Telco(s) has its own way to decide on its pricing.

If you check on the handsets pricing, it seem that some models the pricing is about $100 or less as in others Telco(s).

So if there raised to no top-up, then maybe they can increase some handsets model to be the same as other Telco(s), an increase of $100.

In the end, there is not much different and may in-directly affect all other pricing to increase.

And not to forget about customers who are not hubber.

For example, Singtel Early recontract is always $350 for many years.

In order word, Starhub Early recontract at $200 was very low.

This is all about Marketing, as there are balance in all aspect on pricing.

For me, as in the past, i did my recontract Online, as some handsets models pricing are up to $100, on promotion, cheaper than Starhub shops and much cheaper than other Telco(s).

As i do not rely on Recontract voucher, which at most i had was $50 only once throughout my 10+ years with Starhub.

Do shop wisely as to compare all pricing before decision.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi taysharon, please send a PM with your NRIC and mobile number. Let us do a check. Thanks! - Diane

Senior Commentator

Hi Eric
Thanks for the clarifications.
I do understand about that each Telco do have their own way of marketing strategy.
Anyway, I really do hope that Starhub will waive off the fee someday.