Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Jump over 10 GB within very short time, in an hour time

Trusted Commentator

Data Jump over 10 GB within very short time, in an hour time

Hi There,

My starhub prepaid number is   
This is 3rd occassion for me

happened  last year somewhere  sep-2018  and   later when i called to star hub customer care, they asked me to setup monitoring alerts for high data usage and i did setup.

later somehwere in Nov or Dec  happended  data jump.  since i have monitoring alert, this time i called to customer care imemdiately,   even i was talking with customer care officer,   data jump is aprallally going on and jumped about 10GB+.

i never used any thing.

officer told me that i amusing AMEZON app,    surprisingly,  i even did not have AMEZON app in my phone

both cases,   starhub do not want to give bill waive off and  they said they will waive only 50%  but that is also, i never verified whether they gave or not.

then i subscribed for  add-on service  SGD 10 + GST  for additional  15 GB

so total my data is   23GB,   and  after that about  10 months  my monthly data is   not consumed more than  1 or  2 GB max.   couple of days back i ahve un subscribed that add on service and today i noticed the data jump again and  about  10GB+ with in  an hour time.

so what i feel is i have been cheated by StarHUB and right after i unsbscribe the add on,  false data jump is  coming.

i called starhub customer care officer.

they said they will call after   24 to 48 hrs,  so who will pay me the bill for data jump in between.  no choice i have stopped my cellular data.

1. i am not going to accept any sorry

2. i am not going to pay the bill to starhub hereafter and will face consequnces in court

3.i am expecting some resolution or  some officer who can undestand my problem and resolve.

waiting - 

Gopi

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Data Jump over 10 GB within very short time, in an hour time

Hi Gopikris249, I've checked and noted that my colleague has attended to you. Do give them some time to get back to your callback request. Thank you. 

- Julaina
Honored Contributor

If it's possible, would you like to try putting your sim card in another phone for a trial for a while maybe a day or 2, just to rule out that it's the phone's fault?Maybe there's a lot of things running in the background etc. It does happens and hard to say.
Trusted Commentator

I do not have any other phone.Last year same thing happened was different phone  and now different phone.More over I am using Apple.And those app that officer said last time When check was consumed, was not even a purchased app for me

Honored Contributor

My experience was, it could be your icloud backup trying many attempts trying very hard to do backup. Maybe go thru any settings for cellular data and you might be able tofind out something. for icloud , ensure that it goes thru wifi only. App download also make sure it goes thru wifi only . those big stuffs iOS update also go thruwifi only.

Hope that helps.
Trusted Commentator

First thing I verified that only.
But all along my backup only on WiFi only.

My cellular data is off for backup
Honored Contributor

Just make sure your phone is mostly updates and upgrades cellular data off . And also one of the thing that sucks a lot of data in iPhone is under celllular data go to WiFi assist make sure that is off .
Community Manager

We have escalated your matter to the customer service team for assistance. Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!