Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans

SOLVED
Highlighted
Trusted Advocate

Changing Plans

Once again I'm victim to the buggy Starhub web portal.  I am out of contract on two phones and want to change them from their existing 4G 3 service to the 4G 3 SIM only option.  I proceed through the steps of doing this but when I get to the screen where I need to select the new plan the option I want is missing. i.e.

I am on 4G 3 and want to change to 4G 3 SIM only.  The 4G 3 SIM only option is not available to select, presumably because I am on the normal 4G 3 plan.  I suppose someone was trying to be too smart by coding the page to not offer the current plan as an option, except they forgot this is required if someone wants to change to the SIM only version of the same plan.

Anyone able to help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)
Solution

Re: Changing Plans

Hi @Wurlitzer,

Thanks for confirming and sharing the screenshot.

I am checking on this error internally.

In the meantime you can PM me your details and we can get the sales team to reach out to you to complete the switch of your plans to SIM only plan.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Wurlitzer,

You tried changing your plan through the following portal https://www.starhub.com/personal/store/mobile/sim-only.html ? by clicking on check eligibility for Already on StarHub Mobile customer? 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Highlighted
Trusted Advocate

Yes, went through the eligibility, selected the phone number, then presented with the following, my existing plan doesn't show up as an option in the list below.  I want to stay on the same plan but with the SIM only option.  The is no 4G 3 plan to select in the lower list.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)
Solution

Hi @Wurlitzer,

Thanks for confirming and sharing the screenshot.

I am checking on this error internally.

In the meantime you can PM me your details and we can get the sales team to reach out to you to complete the switch of your plans to SIM only plan.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi  @Wurlitzer

The screenshot is correct.

You need to select your plan before applying for SIM-only plan. Refer to item9 on the link 1.

Hence, if you are using the existing 4G plan, there are no need for this step.

Link 1.

http://www.starhub.com/about-us/legal-notices-and-terms/terms-and-conditions/consumer/sim-only.html

The last step is to apply for SIM-only plan, as stated on Link 2 item11; which will direct to Link 3.

Link 2. 

http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/mobile/postpaid/mobile-plans/sim-only.html

Link 3.

http://www.starhub.com/personal/store/mobile/sim-only.html

Highlighted
Trusted Advocate

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the suggestions but those are the links I am already using, after the 3rd link I am requested to check eligibility, I then select the eligible phone and click next.  After that the screen above appears which does not have the option to select the 4G 3 plan as a SIM only plan.  This appears to be the case because my existing plan is 4G 3.  The problem seems to be the code will not display the current plan because that is the existing plan.   This would be fine for changing plans normally but not OK for changing on to a SIM only plan if you want the new plan to be same but SIM only.

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi  @Wurlitzer

This SIM only plan for existing customer required approval, hence it mean to submit.

Also, if your existing 4G plan is still no change, ie 4G-3, then there is no need to do nothing.

Only you need to submit for approval, not just change plan.

Unless you want to change to 4G-4, then you select  "4G-4",

but there will not have "4G-4 SIM-only plan" to select, if you notice it in your picture.

Non of the 4G plan have the word  "SIM-only plan".

Postpaid with contract &or SIM-only plan are 2 different type of mobile services.

As postpaid &or existing 4G plans required submission,

hence you there is no need to look for  4G-3 SIM only plan.

As it will not allow to make change directly to  4G-3 SIM only plan.

That is why there is no 4G-3 SIM-only plan for you to select.

Approval is required for several reason.

If there is an Outstanding payment for (all) your accounts, it may not approved.

Hence, you need to make sure that you have fully paid based on (all) the accounts' bill.

This is one of the main &or important reasons. (MONEY)

It is the same procedure for if there is a change of ownership.

Before a customer who want to change owner, the existing owner have to pay any OS bill.

As you may say that "Change of Ownership" and "SIM-only" is different,

But there are procedure to process.

As @Santosh Rai  is doing his part, then wait for his reply.

Currently he had submit on your behalf.

Hope you understand.

Highlighted
Trusted Advocate

Hi Eric,

You'll note at the top of the screen shot, just before the first plan, it says "SIM ONLY PLAN". Down this list there is no 4G 3 option to select, therefore the page doesn't allow you to select your present plan as a SIM only plan.

The process I was led through to get this page was 

1. Menu --> Mobile --> Post Paid Plans --> SIM only plan

2. Select "View more details" from 4G 3 plan option

3. 4G 3 plan "Sign Up Now"

5. Check for eligibility and select the eligible number NEXT

6. SELECT the SIM only plan - My screen shot that doesn't offer the 4G 3 plan STUCK Smiley Happy

Starhub are aware of this now and will correct, but in the meantime they have changed me over via their help desk so all Ok now.