Respected Commentator

Change of mobile line to be recontracted for Note 8 purchase

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Change of mobile line to be recontracted for Note 8 purchase

Hi @ ShardSpear

The Pre-Order is not transferable to another mobile number not registered for the Pre-Order. So you'll forfeit your selection if you don't recontract the same number you registered.

Separately, you can sign up for GIRO for your dad's account so you can enjoy 100 free SMSes every month. 

- Amy
6 REPLIES
Respected Commentator

Somehow the earlier entry of auto-posted before I have started typing the content.

I have selected the mobile line which I had given to my dad in the Galaxy Note 8 purchase recontract. That was bad move as I just realised that the new mobile plans are not suitable for him as he uses SMS in the hundreds which will be charged at 5ct each.

So the question is if StarHub allows the change of mobile line in the re-contract to another that I own and is eligible for recontract in this instance.

Thanks.

Grand Master

As you are selected to recontract on the Galaxy Note 8 there should not be any issue.

Also that each subscriber is allow to choose 1 mobile line for this selection.

At the point on recontract, do make sure the sales staff do understand your choice on the mobile line for selection.

Since this will be on a higher plan and once recontract is signed it is not applicable to downgrade the plan.

Do check before you sign on the computer.

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Community Manager
Solution

Hi @ ShardSpear

The Pre-Order is not transferable to another mobile number not registered for the Pre-Order. So you'll forfeit your selection if you don't recontract the same number you registered.

Separately, you can sign up for GIRO for your dad's account so you can enjoy 100 free SMSes every month. 

- Amy
Respected Commentator

Hi Amy,

Appreciate prompt response. Thanks.

100 SMSes are not enough for him as well as other members in my family. So I guess I have abandon the pre-order. I supposed future new phone launches by StarHub will persist to be restricted to these plans.

IMHO, the new plans are not designed for the older generation customers who still require a significant use of SMSes and cannot benefit signifcantly from weekend unlimited data. I will then wait out the end of my various contracts and port out at the first opportunity.

Respected Commentator

Hi,

I would like to point out that the new "unlimited weekend data" plans were announced on 30 Aug 2017, 5 days after the Galaxy Note 8 Pre-order registration have commenced (see links below). As the preorder process by StarHub requires the selection of a mobile line for re-contract, the sequence of events restricts customers' ability to make an educated decision during the registration.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/samsung-galaxy-note-8-available-in-singapore-on-sep-15...

http://www.starhub.com/about-us/newsroom/2017/august/starhub-unleashes-unlimited-weekend-data-plans....

On hindsight, the new mobile plans should have been announced prior, or in concurrence with the commencement of the pre-order program.

Community Manager

We note your comments and wish to clarify that a Registration of Interest is not a recontract.

As of the booking on 5 Sep 2017, the 4G plans have been retired and are no longer available for recontract.

Your feedback will definitely be shared with the team separately.

- Amy