GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Exisitng Starhub Number be port over to another exisitng Starhub Plan?

Senior Commentator

Can Exisitng Starhub Number be port over to another exisitng Starhub Plan?

Hello, if I have an existing starhub plan that has already reach the end of 24 month contract, can I port the mobile number to another new starhub plan which I am going to/have already sign(ed) up, before I terminate the exisitng plan? To clarify, I have no intent to recontract the exisitng plan and only just want to retain that number under another plan.

2 REPLIES 2
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Can Exisitng Starhub Number be port over to another exisitng Starhub Plan?

Hi Ros85

We'll not be able to process number retention this way. You can switch the line to a SIM Only service to retain it for the moment and then terminate the other line once that contract is complete instead. 

- Amy
Grand Guru

Re: Can Exisitng Starhub Number be port over to another exisitng Starhub Plan?

@Ros85 wrote:

Hello, if I have an existing starhub plan that has already reach the end of 24 month contract, can I port the mobile number to another new starhub plan which I am going to/have already sign(ed) up, before I terminate the exisitng plan? To clarify, I have no intent to recontract the exisitng plan and only just want to retain that number under another plan.

However there is another method to transfer this mobile number to an existing mobile number (if contract is still in force) as change of mobile number.

This method required several steps in order to accomplish.

1.  Port this mobile number to another Telco-2 after the contract expired.

2.  At Telco-2 port-in to SIM-only plan and select No Contract..

3.  Telco-2 SIM-only plan No Contract may have 1 month commitment, please check.

4.  After ensure that point 3, then port to an existing mobile number based on point 5.

5.  Port-in and Change of Mobile number as both must be done at the same time.

Note:

• For point 5 on Change of Mobile number there is this fees $32.10
  • On point 3 you may opt for Telco which offer free SIM card for new sign-up &or porting else charges apply.
  • Porting of mobile line number must not be terminated.
  • Ensure there is no outstanding bill at the point on porting to ensure success on porting.

i am not starhub staff.