StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering problem - intermediate connection to the internet

Senior Commentator

Re: Tethering problem - intermediate connection to the internet

This IS a starhub issue... as a network engineer they are clearly cutting of people for having too many requests/open connections.  If I disable every network service and slow down my tab openings in Chrome the issue does not appear.  If I try to do too much (ie, make too many requests at once) no data will come down the pipe while still saying connected.  

Please investigate Starhub!!!

Community Manager

Hi @ beefarm and @ mblume

Can I confirm if the both of you are using prepaid mobile services?

- Amy
Senior Commentator

Hi Amy_Law,

I'm on postpaid 4G 4 plan. And nowhere near hitting my data limit, if you're wondering.

Community Manager

I see. Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, account details, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

- Amy
New Commentator

I have exactly the same issue. I am on prepaid so I have paid a lot of money to have data but as hotspot not working it is useless. 

Respected Commentator

I've used Hotspot with Singtel, M1 and Circles Life. Worked like a charm.

Whereas when I used Starhub, the speed slows to a crawl after a few minutes of Hotspot usage. Only way I found to bypass this is to use an app that transmits the data from phone to laptop via bluetooth such that it's indistinguishable from normal phone data usage.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on.

Senior Commentator

Just signed up and also encountered the same issue. When tethered with laptop using hp, I get disconnected. Use different hp rate of disconnection duffers. Out of desperation as I needed mobile connection due to site work and site meetings I got another sim card but from singtel and no such problem. Now I got a starhub and a singtel but starhub not working for tethering. Have messaged starhub to get their support but from the articles I am reading switching over from m1 seems to be a bad idea. Hope they find a solution soon.. .. 

Honored Commentator

STARHUB, have you solve the issue yet? I am still experiencing the same problem, I need site access daily.

Community Manager

Hi mrlim17, please pm us with your full name, mobile number, hub ID/email address to check via https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq  

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Honored Commentator

As an update to everybody, STARHUB is NOT INTERESTED to solve this problem. They are now blaming the mobile manufacturers. Below is their reply to me. FYI, I have tested my connections with Apple, Samsung, ASUS, and also no brands mobile. And btw, when the problem comes, the internet connection on the mobile is also affected until I reset the phone.

starhub.jpg