19-08-2016 04:16 AM - edited 19-08-2016 04:32 AM
Hello! Welcome to our community. We understand you are keen to know more about us, let us take you through it.
Our idea is to provide a peer-to-peer support channel for StarHub Customers. This, on top of our customer support which you can access here for account related issues. For everything else, feel free to tap into the wisdom of our over 38,000 strong members and in turn, you could help others too!
Here’s where you meet like-minded people, make friends, exchange ideas and, well, be happy! While our community is aimed at StarHub Customers, we welcome everyone with an interest in online communities.
But as with all things interactive, we know at times exchanges could get unpleasant, arguments heated and opinions, well a bit more opinionated. Nothing wrong with that, though, as long as we remain mindful!
And in order to make this community a happy one, we’d love for you to:
1 Be Respectful of people's time and effort, by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what your understanding of the matter is. Respect people and keep things constructive and positive.
2. Be Relevant. Please ensure your contributions are relevant to the mission of the community, as well as to the specific forum or blog where you post. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting an existing conversation. Solicitations are irrelevant. If you have something you want members to join, participate in, or buy, please ask us first.
3. Keep your word. Don't post anything that would violate any contractual agreements such as copyright, trade secret, or non-disclosure agreements to which you are privy.
4. Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself or your organization that you would not want to be made public. Share your business email address if you wish, but don't post personal information- yours or anyone else's - without proper authorization and consent.
5. Not spam. The community is an enabler of relevant conversations for StarHub customers and users and is not meant for promotion of third party services, products, websites or organizations.
6. Keep it Legal. Please do not post any material that would infringe on any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person/organization. Do not also post anything that is deemed illegal by laws, rules or regulations.
7. Remember, everything here is user-generated content. You'll find plenty of good advice here, but do bear in mind that your situation, configuration, or implementation may vary from that of the individual sharing a solution. Some advice you find here may even be unfit. Apply the same judgment here that you would anywhere else on the Internet.
And lastly, any form of sexist, racist, religious, or personal abuse will be strictly dealt with. You must also refrain from referencing to illegal or restricted items (E.g. Firearms, explosives, alcohol, restricted medication, etc). StarHub reserves the right to remove any content that it deems offensive or irrelevant without any prior notice. Posts with personal details will also be hidden.
By using this forum you agree to follow these rules, as well as, the full Terms of Service for the StarHub Community.
We’d be grateful if you could help us keep a lookout for such violations as well, and notify us by choosing “Report Inappropriate Content” in the options menu. And if you have any questions about our guidelines, terms, or policies, please let us know.
Some community members with roles such as Community Manager, Customer Service, and Moderators, are StarHub employees. Like you, they are members of the community as well, and we encourage them to share their knowledge and opinions. These people volunteer their time to discuss and assist with products or services that they are familiar with, outside of their daily responsibilities.
Please do bear in mind that they are not obligated to respond to any posts or to look into any specific issues that are discussed here.
The StarHub Community is first and foremost a peer-to-peer community and not a direct support channel, so if you have questions for StarHub, please contact StarHub Cares. They will be happy to help!
With this, we look forward to your participation here. May the hub grow!
We also recommend that you review our full terms & conditions in relation to StarHub Community here!