StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Support: Will the phone still be usable after reported lost?

Esteemed Commentator

Re: Smart Support

Hi Ambrose,

Perhaps you can do a closure on our discussion? I find it very inappropriate for customer service to just drop off from a conversation with no reason or whatsoever.
Hub Master

Re: Smart Support: Will the phone still be usable after reported lost?

The vendor will only lock the lost phone after getting consent from the user.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Valued Commentator

Hi Kai Boon, i've lost my phone yesterday and just filed claim to Starhub smart support team. However it rather disappointed that the CSO told me something different as you claimed above. In the event if the lost phone is retrieved, the owner must surrender the phone to Starhub or the user will deemed to commit to criminal act (or something i didnt get it correctly). Secondly, the data & information in the lost phone will be deleted, and which Starhub do not guarantee that the phone can be activate or use after replacement service request being lodged.

i'm filing a claim to Comfort taxi company that i dropped my phone in the taxi i took yesterday but putting low hope that it could be retrieve and return. However i still putting hope on it..with that term & condition from Starhub, i'm not certain whether to proceed the replacement at this moment.

above is for all others note, or Kai Boon could correct me if i'm wrong at any point.

Thanks.

New Commentator

Hi
I'm an iPhone user want to ask, if I managed to find back the iPhone that reported lost and pay $400 for replacement. Will I still able to use after several days or forever?

Regards
Dash
Grand Guru

No.

Once being reported on lost phone, and you pay for the replacement;

The phone then belong to Starhub &or vendor.

Any phone reported lost will be recorded on the Police log report.

Occassionally, Police will visit phone dealers &or shops to check if they have reported lost phone.

That is why when someone do trade-in the existing phone, they (dealers & shops) have to record your details.

When you find back your lost phone, you need to surrender it to Starhub &or vendor.

This is because they have give you the replacement phone.

Technically your lost phone owner is Starhub &or vendor.

If you do not return to Starhub &or vendor and Police, it means you are holding "stolen property".

Meaning; like you have trade-in your lost phone to get another phone.

So technically your lost phone had changed hand, that is Starhub &or vendor is the owner.

Lastly, Starhub & vendor can lock the phone, as Starhub have all the phone details & IMEI.

For how iPhone work, pls refer to my post on previous page.

-----------------------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.