GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion gimmick

Esteemed Commentator

Promotion gimmick

Really disappointed with Starhub.  I have signed up for Starhub Homehub online and i have to sign up twice for someone to call me back for the installation etc.  On the day of installation, the installation guy informed that I am eligible for a handset discount...so i patiently waited for Starhub to call or at least send a letter to me informing of how can i get the handset discount.  Upon waiting uneventfully, i decided to send an email query to Starhub on how should i proceed, only to find out that the discount is valid only upon the date i signed up for homehub or recontract.  Then i proceed to ask whether i am still eligible since i signed up online and there was no way i will be able to buy an handset online on the date of sign up since i don't have proof of purchase etc.....then a reply only came 1 week later, telling me the same thing "the discount is only valid on the date i signed up for homehub or recontract".  This is like telling me nothing and not answering my questions at all!! 

If the customer service has told me in the beginning before arranging for the installation date that I am given the handset discount and the discount is only valid on the date of sign up, i can decide whether i need the discount or not and i would then ask questions on how to get the discount etc.

This is basically like a promotion gimmick and thus cheating the customers (at least I felt cheated).  No way am i going to trust Starhub again with this kind of service.  This is the first and the last time I will sign up with Starhub and which i will cancel after the two years contract.

4 REPLIES 4
Hub Master

Re: Promotion gimmick

Hi there

Please drop us your details on http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery

Our Customer Service Team will be following up with you on it.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

Hi,

I have provided my details to customer care email.  And i really really hope my blood pressure will not increase because of the answers that may be given.  Frankly speaking, i have already given up on the discount and has subscribed to Singtel for a new line instead even though i have to pay more for the handset and monthly charges and i'm really glad that i didn't wait for the discount from Starhub.  Imagine  the frustration and anger that i will have if i have chosen to believe in Starhub and waited for the discount instead.  It is the customer service attitude that Starhub have that i am very unhappy with.

Hub Master

Let me get the Customer Service Team to do a check and get back to you.

I believe this could have been handled in a better manner.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

Dear Kai Boon,

I have just received a phone call from your customer service officer.  What i hoped for never came true, i.e. my blood pressure would not "shoot up" after talking to your customer service officer.

If i have to keep repeating myself over and over again, clarifying on my query and Starhub's answers are forever the same without any explanation to my query.  I would rather Starhub don't investigate and call me.  As mentioned, i don't need the handset promotion anymore and i just want a simple explanation to my query so that others who are planning to subscribe to homehub online are able to benefit from this exchange.

I know I am not eligible anymore since your customer service officer kept "harping" on the fact that I have to sign up for the mobile service on the same day of my sign-up of homehub.  The simple thing I want to bring across was that I was not informed of the requirement to sign up for the mobile service on the day of the sign-up of homehub in order to get the mobile handset promotion and by the time i found out, it was way too late to be eligible for the promotion.

Just in case your customer service officers does not understand my English since my English is so poor, i will put my query down simply.

My very simple query is that as a customer who subscribed online, are there any information upfront that was given by Starhub to assist the customer to get the mobile handset promotion?  Are there any assistance rendered by Starhub customer service that ensure that every customer was informed of their right to get the mobile handset promotion and how to go about getting it?  If not, isn't this promotion just a promotion gimmick which i have initially "proposed"? 

Please, I really cannot find any simpler way to phrase my simple query and I'm really getting frustrated.  The more i get in contact with your customer service team, the more i am getting frustrated with Starhub's services and I am also getting tired of the constant explanation that i have to do.