Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy change again

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Policy change again

Hi,

Just wondering this year policy changed again.Last year I went to west gate yearly recontract for Xl plan deducted $300.But I was entitled to renew yearly.

So I requested to lower plan star hub staff said not allowed.Than I have no choice to continue to recontract to get an IPhone X TOP a bit only.

This year I am entitled to renew a new contract they said need to deduct $300 as usual.The worse thing I heard I have to lower my plan.I am fine with it but last year I was asking I wanted to lower my plan was not allowed.Why this new policy changed we are encouraged to lower our plan for renew contract even worse the phone is charging much higher $700++

kindly assist on this and waived of the $300 early recontract fees.

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Policy change again

Hi Gary78

*Edited to explain XL Plan $500 recontract voucher's changes*

Please be informed that we are no longer running the XL plans. However, to accommodate the subscribers who had signed up XL plans previously, there will still be a one time $500 recontract voucher as long as you have completed 12 consecutive months of active service on your XL plan, you will be eligible to the $500 handset voucher on the $105 2-year Plan.

Do note, if you choose to do an early recontract before 21 months, an early re-contract fee of $300 is applicable. The $500 voucher can be used to offset against both the early re-contract fee ($300) and the upfront payment of the device of your choice. Do keep a look out for the terms and conditions that are stated on the voucher as it will apply at point of your plan renewal. $105 2-year plan does not come with $500 handset voucher.

Please note that if you have already recontracted, we will not be able to assist you on any changes or waivers. Hope this explains. Smiley Happy

- Jackson
Grand Guru

Hi  @JacksonTZG

For your info.

TS is referring to the XL plan with $500 yearly voucher.

However for recontract the Early Recontract Fee $300 is deduct from the $500 voucher.

This is revised from the past where there was no deduction on $300 for XL plan subscriber on annual recontract.

Regards.

Community Manager

Hi Eric,

Thank you for pointing that out. Will edit my original comment to include the XL discount as well. 

- Jackson
Valued Contributor

Thanks Eric for the clarification.
Yup referring to the Xl plan.
Community Manager

Hi Gary78

Apologies on any confusion caused by my reply earlier. I've edited my original response. Do let me know if you require further clarification. Smiley Happy 

- Jackson
Valued Contributor

Hi Jackson,

I have not renew my contract so can I ask for $300 waiver on my Xl plan.

I am still considering to continue with Star Hub.

Thanks 

Community Manager

Hi Gary78

I understand your concerns. You may sign up onto our $105 2-year plan to receive the $500 voucher one last time, where you can offset the $300 Early Recontract Fee, and another $200 to offset your mobile device. 

You may wish to check our ongoing promotions at www.starhub.com/personal/store.html, to see the final price of the handset after discount before making a decision.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

- Jackson