Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online game purchases charges

SOLVED
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Online game purchases charges

Hi just to check with you if i send an sms to TU to 16067883 and i select 10 dollar option and then they give me an invalid option sms so will the 10 dollar still charge it to my bill?? Someone please help me so that it will clear my doubts
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Grand Guru
Solution

Re: Online game purchases charges

Do go to that Online game website to check clearly, on the instructions for purchase.

This will failed, that is Starhub cannot find any phone number as stated.

This is more of oversea Online game phone number.

Local standard phone number for SMS, is usually  5 digits.  (77787 = looks familiar)

To me, it looks like you need to pay by credit/debit cards &or paypal;

then they, as sender "16067883" to you (you input your phone number) by SMS as confirmation with "codes" for you to input.

In this way, it is the confirmation and purchase will be completed.

Now a days, when you made payment by credit/debit card &or paypal, the bank will send you a "codes" to input as confirmation, before the bank release the money.

Then the seller (include supplier, etc) may do this in a similar way, to ensure it is secured & confirmation.

If you could provide more in details on the website &or the Online game, someone (or me) could assist you further, on your purchase.

Your decision.

Whatever stated here is my own opinion, which may not be reflect as true.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or not related to any Company.

Grand Guru
Solution

@Guo_Weiyang

Sorry, i do not play Online games.

You could check on other forums regarding this matter, in order if others were in the same situation as yours.

If you want to confirm the status of your SMS cost, 

Do write to http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery
Click on the link "Ask an Account Related Question" to submit your details for assistance.

4 REPLIES
Grand Guru
Solution

Do go to that Online game website to check clearly, on the instructions for purchase.

This will failed, that is Starhub cannot find any phone number as stated.

This is more of oversea Online game phone number.

Local standard phone number for SMS, is usually  5 digits.  (77787 = looks familiar)

To me, it looks like you need to pay by credit/debit cards &or paypal;

then they, as sender "16067883" to you (you input your phone number) by SMS as confirmation with "codes" for you to input.

In this way, it is the confirmation and purchase will be completed.

Now a days, when you made payment by credit/debit card &or paypal, the bank will send you a "codes" to input as confirmation, before the bank release the money.

Then the seller (include supplier, etc) may do this in a similar way, to ensure it is secured & confirmation.

If you could provide more in details on the website &or the Online game, someone (or me) could assist you further, on your purchase.

Your decision.

Whatever stated here is my own opinion, which may not be reflect as true.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or not related to any Company.

Valued Contributor

It did send me a 3 pin code but i never key it in as i know it will be from unknown sources and if by sms type? I select y but it give me invalid option and say 10 dollar will be charged to your bill
Valued Contributor

The online game i referring is blackshots
Grand Guru
Solution

@Guo_Weiyang

Sorry, i do not play Online games.

You could check on other forums regarding this matter, in order if others were in the same situation as yours.

If you want to confirm the status of your SMS cost, 

Do write to http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery
Click on the link "Ask an Account Related Question" to submit your details for assistance.