Did you mean: 

[Official Complaint] Starhub Customer Service on phone

Trusted Contributor

[Official Complaint] Starhub Customer Service on phone

6 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: [Official Complaint] Starhub Customer Service on phone

Dear starhub,

I would like to make an official complaint to your customer service on phone.

I express my interest to subscribe to home phone services, but to do number port, I need to do for my sister, so Starhub Fiber TV and Broadband is under my sister name.

Beginning this year Jan, starhub had send my sister a recontract offer from cable TV to Fiber TV letter. So Starhub was not able to provide such expertise services she need, she need me to settle this cable TV issue as price had increased after contract just ended. I advised my sister what can Starhub do to get TV services from starhub again by recontract it as I have existing Fiber broadband from other ISP but house have not enough data port since it had renovated with conceal trucking. Some time ago. End up over the phone call with Starhub customer services on sales agreement, I will made final agreement instead of my sister made even though the name is under my sister name not my name, you can check the voice recording if still inside your system now. Starhub Shop at that time not able to process it as need to arrange a call back.

So, the official complaint is why you call my sister up for this enquiry as I did tell the customer service I will get back to her again even she request the subscriber mobile number to call back as she could not able to assist me anymore. Yes, I provided my Sister full name and NRIC so what? Did your customer service officer over the phone understand basic English, of what I had said over the phone? Who given her the permission just to call up my sister ask her if she if free to talk, who request it?

Can your team give the explanation the soonest for this incident had happen?

I give Starhub a call at 1630 but requested to speak to manager as she insisted want to call my sister to get her mobile number that she is the subscriber as she said she is not able to assist me anymore. So, I give her my mobile number asked the manager to call me back. Shortly after 5 minutes, I received her phone call again, said manager is speaking to me now, call on hold over a minute, so I am busy and put down the phone so sorry that I have to begin block all these starhub customer service number to call me again in my mobile phone.

Regards

Trusted Contributor

Community Manager

If your installation doesn't work like the general set up shown, please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll arrange for personal follow up by our technical team.

- Amy
Trusted Contributor

You want my info I can PM you now, please check.

Please refrain from replying your rubbish message here in this public forum run by Starhub.

Thanks.

Community Manager

Thank you for your PM and sorry for the miscommunication.

I've also checked and confirmed that there are actually 2 ONT devices issued currently. If you're using a non-Voice Enabled ONT (VeONT), you'll not be able to support voice services using this ONT.

Upon signing up for Digital Voice Home service though, you'll be prompted to swap to a VeONT which will have 2 voice ports. At that time, you'll be able to connect your phone to the VeONT.

Separately, I've since arranged for my technical team to assist you via PM.

- Amy
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hi Amy,

I received a SMS from Starhub Service Manager, need my reply for a time and date for them to call back in 12 Jun 18 7.09pm, so I replied Today 13 Jun 18 Wed 2pm in 13 Jun 18 Wed 2.52am so I unblock the number later.

So I waited for 10 mins no call back decided to call 1633 but was on hold for ten minutes, then starhub call me back in about 2.20pm.

He said this call is recorded for training and quality control purpose. He explain that he need to call my sister who is the subscriber to get permission if she need to subscribe this service to share more info to me, if I do not allow then he cannot share any info with me with regard to number porting and subscribe to home voice service.

So I told him my mobile phone did not do any call recording at all now. I told him that I understand the bad services provided by starhub, so I had already advised my sister what to do as alternative no need to use your service. I told him I will post on this forum of what had been said. I feedback that customer service of starhub cannot wait for a night, keep spam my mobile phone by calling in which I already blocked then contact my sister in the end. After I end the call, I blocked the number but still got spam call also.

Since there is a cable point installed over 20 years ago, we can able to subscribe to cable TV services provided by Singapore Cable Vision. That time is using analog set top box used for many years no problem. There is subscription to watch all channel just S$99 per month exclude any additional charges like set top box. Then the company is taken over by Starhub, changed to digital set top boxes encounter too many problem already. Now Fiber TV is even worse than ever as need to subscribe to Starhub Fiber broadband. But now only 6 months of contract not even 24 months, my family had decided just get used to bad services by starhub, no point keep calling Starhub for support, pay bill on time will do. Over these year Starhub TV services is getting more and more expensive, we getting more addtional TV services at different address too now as for my family. You can check our support call to you over these many years till now.

Since internet TV is getting better, for example like Netflix SG, or even youtube, hopefully soon one day we can no need to use Starhub services can use free or paid monthly subscription for Internet TV, even mobile phone can watch, then it will be TV anywhere in the world, like last time Starhub Advertisement to use a young puppy to promote Mobile services.

Regards