cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys EA7500 cannot write to external storage after firmware update

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Linksys EA7500 cannot write to external storage after firmware update

My Linksys EA7500 router recently updated automatically to firmware 2.0.8.194281. That's where the problem began. I started not to be able to write to my External Storage. I keep getting "You have no permission to access this item". This happens both on OSX and Windows 10 and it never happened before the firmware update! I restarted the router; even factory reset it. I set it to no password and all that, and it still doesn't work!

Does anyone have a copy of the previous firmware; specifically 2.0.7.19563? I want to revert back to this version until Linksys issues another firmware to fix this! Starhub, do you have a copy I can have?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Linksys EA7500 cannot write to external storage after firmware update

Hi palmas, let us know if you have contacted the router manufacturer ? Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Hi. Yes I have. The person has no answer and can’t give me the previous firmware. She also said through the web chat that they don’t have a timeline to get back to me.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi palmas, we will advise you contact Linksys technical support hotline for assistance regarding this matter. Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Already did but they can't help me and told me they can't give me a timeline. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi palmas, kindly direct your query over to Facebook messenger  (http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) with your registered Hub ID email address and mobile number and we will assist you from there. Thank you