Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection problems

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Internet connection problems

Hi,
For the past 4 hours, I've been going around asking people to check if my internet connection and setup is fine. It seems that all my setups are fine and it must be something else affecting it. I've changed the Ethernet cables to troubleshoot the cable problem but it doesn't seem to be affecting the connection. Connection through router to the internet with mobile devices seems perfectly fine, but any connections to windows devices such as laptops, aren't able to connect to the internet. Sometimes it says DNS is not responding, sometimes nothing shows up. Please advice.
P.S. I've tried system restore
4 REPLIES 4
Valued Contributor

Re: Internet connection problems

I have been a starhub subscriber internet subscriber on the west side for 3 years and have never had any issues. However, over the last 4-6 weeks something has drastically changed where it have been experiencing intermittent issues. Note that the problems are very consistent with mobile devices. The laptop seems to be ok but it's not as reliable as before. I initially thought it was a router issue so I reset factory settings and re-configured it along with all the devices and the problems still exist. Apparently this is fast becoming blogged about where many subscribers are experiencing the same problems specifically over the last month or so. This is not a problem at your end it is a problem stemming from starhub and this is evidenced from the volume of people who are now currently experiencing this issue. If it's not fixed for me I am moving to Singtel and would encourage you do the same as it's painful. Go to other blogs including Starhub Facebook problems. This is fast becoming a major issue and starhub are standing still and not acknowledging the problem.
New Commentator

My laptops (wireless) and desktop (ethernet) arn't connecting to Starhub properly since around 9pm on 30 Jan 2014. Initially thought was the modem, but now realised it's Starhub itself. Please fix this, guys.
ems
New Commentator

Have had problems  with "limited" connection to the internet from Starhub broadband for weeks now. Utterly fed up - we are paying for a service we are not receiving. Starhub I suggest you fix it or we get a refund? 

Hub Master

Hi all

Please provide us with your details over at http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery

Thanks.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is