Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming problem with gta online players in singapore

SOLVED
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Gaming problem with gta online players in singapore

It has been 2 weeks since this problem arised, Singaporean gta online players have been unable to get online with a message showing" alert, rockstar cloud servers are unavailable, please try again later." We thought that this might be a problem with Starhub or internet providers in singapore. So could Starhub please provide some advice on this issue here.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hub Master
Solution

Re: Gaming problem with gta online players in singapore

From Rockstar Games

[Updated 3/7/14] Problems connecting to GTA Online from Singapore

Question: Players in Singapore and a few surrounding areas have been having problems connecting to GTA Online starting on February 22, 2014. Is Rockstar Games aware of this issue?

Answer: We have received reports from players in Singapore starting on February 22 about problems connecting to GTA Online:

• The Rockstar Games Services has failed to sync files to play GTA Online
  • The Rockstar Cloud Services are unavailable

These reports are often from players who have SingTel and StarHub (Singapore) or Telbru (Brunei) as an ISP. We are investigating this issue and are working with affected players to determine where the root of the problem is.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200795453

Some players have had success by using "retry" repeatedly. Others have reported that once the files sync using a different Internet connection (such as a portable hotspot device), it is possible to play online on the old Internet connection.

If you would like to receive an automatic email whenever there are updates to this page, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. 

We also recommend that affected players contact Singtel, Starhub, or Telbru Customer Support directly as well.

3/7/14 Update: We have received some reports from SingTel players in the Singapore area confirming that they are able to access GTA Online again. We are continuing to look into any remaining reports from StarHub customers or anyone still having problems connecting.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
New Commentator

i can confirm this. I can log on and play GTA online using M1 mobile hotspot. However, once i switch back to my starhub wifi, it will say "rockstar server is unavailable". Could starhub take a look at this problem? it has been going on for many weeks

Trusted Commentator

New Commentator

Same problem...I can play via Singtel hotspot but my starhub wifi can't! Tried called starhub all they say is get back to you ASAP zzzzz
Trusted Commentator

Kannan was the call automated or a human actually picked up the call?
Trusted Commentator

I can connect with my starhub hotspot, but when I connect back to wired connection the "servers are not available".

Given that Singtel had the same problem, and last night they fixed it, maybe a technician at Starhub should ring Singtel and find out what they did to make it right.

Hub Master
Solution

From Rockstar Games

[Updated 3/7/14] Problems connecting to GTA Online from Singapore

Question: Players in Singapore and a few surrounding areas have been having problems connecting to GTA Online starting on February 22, 2014. Is Rockstar Games aware of this issue?

Answer: We have received reports from players in Singapore starting on February 22 about problems connecting to GTA Online:

• The Rockstar Games Services has failed to sync files to play GTA Online
  • The Rockstar Cloud Services are unavailable

These reports are often from players who have SingTel and StarHub (Singapore) or Telbru (Brunei) as an ISP. We are investigating this issue and are working with affected players to determine where the root of the problem is.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200795453

Some players have had success by using "retry" repeatedly. Others have reported that once the files sync using a different Internet connection (such as a portable hotspot device), it is possible to play online on the old Internet connection.

If you would like to receive an automatic email whenever there are updates to this page, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. 

We also recommend that affected players contact Singtel, Starhub, or Telbru Customer Support directly as well.

3/7/14 Update: We have received some reports from SingTel players in the Singapore area confirming that they are able to access GTA Online again. We are continuing to look into any remaining reports from StarHub customers or anyone still having problems connecting.

Home is where the ♥ is

View solution in original post

Hub Master

Hi all

Update: I am now working with my network engineers on it.
Home is where the ♥ is
Hub Master

Update: Our network engineers are investigating the issue with the game server admin.
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

Hi may i know hw is the uodate regrading our Gta 5 online.