cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTAO Problems!!! Pls do something

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

GTAO Problems!!! Pls do something

For 4 weeks, gta online players have been unable to play in singapore. Yesterday, singtel users could finally resume playing. What about starhub? Pls just do something to fix this problem. Many players are very upset about this, and now starhub still dun bother about this huge situation
123 REPLIES 123
Trusted Commentator

Re: GTAO Problems!!! Pls do something

Yep, still not working after 3 weeks. Singtel might be slow but they fixed, Starhub still deny there is a problem.
Trusted Commentator

Wat's worse is they are keeping quiet abt it. I dun mind switching isp to singtel just to play gtao
Trusted Commentator

Just spent 30mins online with their Tech help (who was no help) but he did ask for a pile of screenshots to elevate the issue to a real technician and not a help-desk one...so fingers crossed. After all if Singtel can fix it so should Starhub
Trusted Commentator

Great. Hope to see some progress soon.
Hub Master

I have no issue playing GTAO on my StarHub MaxInfinity connection.

What is the error message that you all encountered? Rockstar cloud server unavailable?
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Trusted Commentator

The issue is that on the 22/2 both Starhub and Singtel upgraded or modified their servers and as such GTAO Cloud Servers became unavailable.

During this time both Starhub and Singtel blamed R*, which given their track record was understandable.

Yesterday Singtel admitted they had done "something" and now fixed their system so GTAO was once again available for all their users.

Starhub continues to "stall" in finding a solution.

To whit: Most (but not all) Starhub Fibre users can get to the GTAO Cloud Servers. Most Cable users cannot. If the Cable users set up a wireless hotspot with their smartphones they can connect, which proves it is not R* Servers that are not available but Starhubs Servers that won't talk to them. M1 users have not been affected at all.

Also while investigating this I have found that there is a Starhub controlled Proxy above my alleged "public" IP, which suggests the problem is that Starhub is IP sharing using a Carrier Grade NAT, or at least filtering my packets through an extra layer of security which defeats the purpose of me setting up a home network Static IP, Port Forwarding and DMZ settings to play the game. This has been denied when I asked about it outright to help-desk person after calling 1633 but I have the screen-shots that show my external IP is not my Router IP.

What is most frustrating is that the game worked more or less perfectly until the 22nd when it stopped. And Starhub denies they have done anything nor are they responsible. The same stance taken by Singtel until yesterday.

So after 15 days "offline" and multiple calls to Starhub returning zero progress basically your customers are more than a little annoyed and have started looking at the other ISP's as a much more viable option for gamers in Singapore.

To demonstrate the annoyance start here: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200795453-Calling-all-Singapore-GT...
Trusted Commentator

Also if you personally can get on as a fibre user and those that cannot are cable users then it suggests since you have access to the cloud servers and we do not that the servers, gateways and DNS for cable users is at fault and needs to be fixed ASAP.
Hub Master

Hi all

Update: I am now working with my network engineers on it.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
New Commentator

Frankly speaking, it's been almost a month. I really hope that you guys will solve this problem. Singtel admitted the changes n rectified the problem n we are just getting this 'worked' at? Well, it sorta gonna make selecting my next ISP kinda obvious.