cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint & Feedback

SOLVED
Valued Commentator

Complaint & Feedback

I am writing with the intent to complain, but also to feedback so Starhub has an opportunity to improve. 

This is with regards to an officer named Ivan that I spoke to over the phone. I believe he is from the escalation team. I would like to think that this department would have been well trained, but based on my experience with Ivan, it does not seem so. 

He did not understand my problem I am experiencing, demonstrated a dimissive attitude and scoffed at my queries. I would fare as a fairly polite customers and was not rude to him in any way.
I was so taken aback by the way he handled, the call that I decided not to engage further with him. 

Being trained in customer service myself, I was appalled that Starhub, a huge telco company in first-world country of Singapore, would allow this officer to be so arrogant. If he is also in the escalation team, then what sort of quality would the customer service be?

As I have served as a customer service officer myself, I knew it can be hard dealing with difficult customers. I find it hard to fathom why I had been nice, but was treated in this manner. I felt unheard, and was not respected as a customer. 

Here are several pointers for the management team to improve, instead of letting one bad apple ruin the reputation all:

1. Soft skills

Choose to hire a customer service officer who knows empathy. When he is not able to sieve out the real problem the customer is experiencing, he does not serve any value trying to regurgitate what he knows. 
When it reaches the point of customer suggesting porting over to other telco company, please realise that the customer is disappointed with your service. Please make an effort in retaining the customer, instead of gleefully suggesting that it is okay to terminate the line. Have the patience and be able to explain clearly. This brings use to the second point:

2. Product skills

Be familiar with the product. If you are not, do not try to be defensive and attack the customer passive aggressively. While information can be found online, what makes you different as a customer service officer in the ability to understand the customer's problem, use your knowledge on the product to explain clearly to the customer, and offer a solution. Even if it may not be ideal, suggest alternatives.

I felt like at the end of the call, I am hinted to look for solutions myself by googling online and comparing deals from other telco companies. This is my experience as a customer served by officer Ivan. I do not wish upon something similar to be experienced by any other. Therefore I feel inclined to make an effort and write this feedback. To be fair, I have had amazing experience with other officers. Be confident, not arrogant. Solve the problem, not regurgitate. 

Sigh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administrator
Solution

Re: Complaint & Feedback

Hi Donna0,

Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge this and will be conducting an investigation. Please give us some time. If we need more information, we will reach out to you via private message. 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES
Valued Commentator

Don't bother typing so much. They won't read everything. They only read what they want to read. That's the conclusion I get after few months of correspondence. They provide solutions that don't work and after everything, tells me its beyond them.

Administrator
Solution

Hi Donna0,

Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge this and will be conducting an investigation. Please give us some time. If we need more information, we will reach out to you via private message. 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Valued Commentator

Happy Chinese New Year

Thank you Howard for your kind attention.

I have my case resolved thanks to Customer Service Head of Department, Janet.

It is Chinese New Year and she has effectively helped me with settling the issues I have had.

She was eager to help and was able to craft her proposition well. Also, she has used the data on her end to analyse the situation, so she could do her best to bring forth possible options.

As customers, we tend to not know everything. I have respect for agents who really do their homework and are solid in their knowledge to serve us. Janet, especially, would inform me of certain notes to take, at least I am aware.

I have had questions in my previous correspondence on why I did not receive notifications towards the endng of my two-year plan. I did not feel the need to carry on paying more, so I thought it would be better to switch to something else. Pretty much on the fence about everything else, Janet, the Customer Service Head of Department has helped to regain my faith in Starhub.

I am blessed have a positive experience with Janet. Despite the previous lapse, all is forgiven with great customer service. Starhub has Janet who proves to be a role model. Moving forward, if the team could be more consistent in their training, and replicate success with an asset like Janet, it could contribute value to customer retention.

Teslapolaris, I am not sure what happened on your case, but I hope yours will be resolved as well. 

Valued Commentator

Re: Happy Chinese New Year

Thanks Donna. I envied you. They responded to you fast. My case has been bump from one customer service to another for months now. I'm still waiting to see whether a satisfactory reply from Starhub will arrive in 2019. Thanks and have a great CNY.

Administrator

Hi Donna0, thank you for your kind feedback. I will definitely share this with Janet. You are right to expect that level of service from us and we will continue to strive for that. Thanks again and Happy CNY to you!

Administrator

Hi Teslapolaris,

I see that you have a separate thread with us regarding your feedback on your overseas roaming experience. As a roaming partner, we offer our subscribers seamless access to the mobile network of the overseas mobile operators. We, however, do not have control over the operation and management of their networks. Should you face difficulties in using a particular operator's network in future, depending on your destination, you can configure your mobile phone to connect to another operator instead. This worked for me while I was overseas and I hope this is useful for you.