StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel StarHub TV

New Commentator

Cancel StarHub TV

My StarHub TV contract is over, and I want to cancel this. I also have fibre broadband that I want to continue.

I was told that I have to make appointment for technician to come to my home to disconnect my TV service, and I have to pay a fee for this? Please confirm.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Cancel StarHub TV

Hi Kelvin, yes that's right. For fibre TV termination, an appointment has to be arranged for collection of equipment. 

Respected Advocate

@simonN wrote:

Hi Kelvin, yes that's right. For fibre TV termination, an appointment has to be arranged for collection of equipment. 

Surely this cannot be true for Cable TV subscription. Pls confirm that for Cable TV cancelation, such an arrangement is not necessary.

I am sure this is news for many of us. But I can roughly understand why it is necessary. Something about reinstating/resetting the Fibre Termination Point or something.

This is just another hassle and reason not to subscribe to Fibre TV. Discounting the fact that most of us would probably have to take leave to arrange an appointment, there is the question of whether there is any cost associated with such an arrangement for the equipment to be collected.

Pls confirm. Thank you.

Community Manager

At this time, any service appointments made will be chargeable per our website at www.starhub.com/personal/support/services-and-plans/tv-billing/additional-charges.html.

- Amy
Respected Advocate

@Amy_Law wrote:

At this time, any service appointments made will be chargeable per our website at www.starhub.com/personal/support/services-and-plans/tv-billing/additional-charges.html.

Thank you for your confirmation.

Looking through the list of charges, I do not see any charges pertaining to the termination of FibreTV subscription. Please confirm the charge.

If there was any lingering doubt about signing up for FibreTV, then this is the final nail in the coffin.

I see no reason why we as consumers should pay for something that is not directly our choice. Starhub decision on how they want to implement their IPTV services probably make it necessary for an SH technician to be present to collect the equipment and reinstate the FTP etc when we terminate SH Fibre TV.

How is that fair to your customers?