cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G along North East Line

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

4G along North East Line

Hi there, can i check if any other customers also experiencing poor 4G speed while surfing along the NEL?

i can see the signal.  but surfing is almost impossible. the only time the pages load fast enough is when the train reach a NEL station and the door opens

Everyone's Tags (2)
31 REPLIES 31
Administrator

Re: 4G along North East Line

Hi Viperlwk, network connection can sometimes be weak while on the move especially in the train tunnels. Did you restart your mobile phone when you experience this problem? 

Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Yes. I tried restarting my mobile and even switching my mobile data on n off. But the outcome is the same. 

The moment I transit out of NEL to another line.  the surfing will be successful again. 

Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for your feedback on this. We'll share it with the team. 

Esteemed Advocate

@viperlwk, You are absolutely right. This is particularly so during the morning and evening peaks.
Trusted Contributor

Hi there, any updates from your team on this issue?

Alumni (Retired)

We've updated the relevant team on this. They'll look into it on their end. 

Trusted Commentator

Dear Starhub,

this issue has been lingering for more earlier than what was being reported a month ago. 

Signal bars are definitely showing a good strength but connectivity to the web or any data related activities will not load or work. 

Please do not entertain us by providing us the standard template replies with silly advises like restarting our mobile phones. 

I observed other providers like M1 and Singtel have better consistencies of data connectivities in the north east line tunnels. 

Thus again whats your supporting facts to inform your valued customers that signals are weaker in the tunnels and please try restarting the phone. 

There is literally no correlations between no data comnectivties with restarting phones. 

Starting from Buangkok all the way up to Dhoby Ghaut, no web pages load and same for all other data related services. Once at Clark Quay, data connectivity got slightly better. 

The initial value customer who started this thread is not submitting a feedback, this is a imminent service problem that requires a fault resolutions backed by a timeline to solve the problems. 

When a problem only affects a handful of users intermittently, it can be consider a feedback but when a problem affects your mass users its not a feedback. So please do not take this as a feedback and have your backend team take their own sweet time to fix the problems.

Trusted Contributor

I agree. 

Please provide an update on what has been done and discovered by this relevant team.

Senior Commentator

Sorry but this is truth. 

I switched from Singtel to Starhub 5 years ago because it has better line in NEL. But recently (I mean this 2 years) starhub is the worst line in NEL. During peak hours it is normal you have line but you can't receive any data. But other telco has line and can receive data. During off peak hour, starhub line will definitely disconnect at dbg, little India, farrer park, harbourfront, etc. But I have no problem with other telco line.