cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub is becoming a CROOK

Valued Commentator

Re: Starhub is becoming a CROOK

Very sour customer experience in 2013.
Starhub must clarify the cause of the problem.
Android™ Expert

Your post is too vague for anyone to help you.

I am referring to Straj BFF case.
I am one of StarHub's Golden Gurus and I am here to help the community, especially the senior citizens. However, I am not an employee of StarHub and the content of my posts does not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub
Android™ Expert

To me, this case is like you are going for a dessert buffet where there is an entire spread of buffet items available. If you take dessert only, you will be charged as per normal. But straj went to take food from the other sections and was charged accordingly. Now, he doesn't want to pay even after several reminder. The company has no choice but to press formal charges.

straj, it is no doubt that either you used the data intentionally or by some apps that you have installed that consume data without you knowing. (Facebook/twitter/games does that) It is normal practice for the telco (same across all 3 telco) to activate 'pay as you surf' service for the convenience for their customers. (Imagine you are lost and your GPS will really serve you well.) Deactivate your data service on your phone if you don't wish to use the data service.

Deactivate your data service on your phone if you don't wish to use the data service. +1

dont la later complain pula [why SH didnt preactivate this service] [i have to activate from my end/call 1633? its so inconvenience!]

im those jerks that always called in to 1633 to ask this and that. thank you very much
Senior Advocate

I think the lesson learnt here is:  It is important to check the bill every month. It does not take more than 5 mins to look through the bill. It is good to log any dispute at the earliest moment.

Veteran

Wow, bill is sent to you for you to check on the monthly basis. If you failed to check, frankly that's your problem. And, it is common understanding that smartphone nowadays will consume data, it's just a simple setting to turn it off. Unless you use basic phone (without data usage) or your data plan is always off, i do not see there is a case here.