GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub is becoming a CROOK

Honored Commentator

Starhub is becoming a CROOK

I have been a faithful to Starhub for more than 8 years, every 2 years would extend the contract at their lowest package of about $30 a month. NO need to see their bill, monthly pay $30 would be fine.

Contract was about to finish Dec 2013 and was thinking of extending when received an sms from Starhub saying that i owed them more than $200. When i open up the pass bill, they have been charging me for Data service for 3 months which i did not even asked for. When i called them up, they said only can deduct one month, the other 2 month still must pay. Called them several times still they dont want to give way. WHY PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU DID NOT ASK FOR??????. Then they threaten to sue, then now send lawyer letter. WHAT A LOWLIFE!!!!!!! Still got to pay extra recovery costs. You can sue me you can put me in jail. And i will NEVER PAY. Not only i will not pay, i will start blogging and go to other forums to say what kind of crook you are. I will also advise my other friends to look into other Service Provider. Still got the cheek to send me voucher to take other plans.

Would anyone of you pay for something that you did not ask for?? And just because they sue, you should pay???

Starhub is DISGUSTING nowadays

Before you can claim your REWARDS easily, but now you try, the operator will say 1st of every month

at 5pm. Starhub just want your points to expire so you cannot claim any rewards. 

Becoming a cheapskate company.

16 REPLIES 16
Hub Master

Re: Starhub is becoming a CROOK

Please drop me a Private Message with your details. I will arrange for assistance to you.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Honored Commentator

Would anyone of you pay for something that you did not order?

You go to a restaurant and upon looking at the bill, you saw a dish that you did not order, would you pay that dish or would you talk to the waiter or manager to take that charges off? 

This is what Starhub is doing. They can sponsor millions on soccer, so they need to scraps off money from their subscribers. And if you dont pay, they will threaten to sue you, even for $200+

They would just pre-activative your charges on your account without notifying, and you then must pay.

They ask me to send them private message and below is the reply i got. Got to be in the private message and not in the Open Forum:

I would need to clarify that your monthly subscription is $31.03 (w/GST). However, it is not inclusive of the usage charges, like usages beyond the bundled package, overseas calls, roaming calls and data usage.

As for the data usage, mobile data service was pre-activated for our customers who are on the PowerValue plan. 

Hub Master

As mentioned, your monthly subscription charge is not inclusive of usages beyond the bundled package, overseas calls, roaming calls and data usage.

You are being billed for what you have utilised.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Honored Commentator

Like i say,

i did not ask for the data usage and was not informed or notifed that you guys pre-activated it.

If it is roaming or overseas, i will pay for it.

On the Bill, it cleary mentioned data usage. when i first took up the plan, why wasnt i charge any data usage, why charge data usage just moment before my contract end?

Valued Advisor

you should stop trying to frame starhub and mislead people
this is your mistake

refer to my reply in your other thread
http://community.starhub.com/t5/General-Discussions-Community/complaint/m-p/52501#M922
Honored Commentator

ou their clone or working for them?

becuase you look like one

Valued Advisor

I knew you would say that
That's why I think you should ask what other think
You don't have to believe what I say

Honored Commentator

look, just dont need any more comment from you.

because you look like their clone.

Even if you are not, will definitely not pay for something that i did not ask for.

this is starhub tactic to pre-activate your account without nofifying, and if you complaint, they

will then take one month off.

Why dont you blame them for pre-activating (the causeof of the problem) and not notifying their subcriber at all. Why blame the subscriber for not checking his bills. If the monthly bill is $30, why is there a need to check? Not everyones has the same lifestyles.

If they are honest and decent, they can always inform their subscriber of what they pre-activated  if it is not in the subscriber contract, becasue they got their client number.

Home Networking Expert

Before complaining Starhub preactivate data, sue you for $200 did you check what other operators practice? Do they preactivate data? Do they sue people even for $10? If both answer is yes there is no point you go and blog and tell your friends don't sign up for Starhub. If the answer is no then you got a point to argue.