Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting Movies onto Tablets

SOLVED
Highlighted
Trusted Advocate

Putting Movies onto Tablets

Hello Community!

I was wondering if you could help me.  I am going overseas, and would like to know how to watch movies on my Eee Pad Transformer TF101 (with keyboard dock)

The tablet has a USB port - but it doesn't have a movie player.  Can someone recommend a movie player to use, and what is the best format to 'rip' my movies to?  

Thanks  Smiley Happy

Deanna 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Home Networking Expert
Solution

Re: Putting Movies onto Tablets

Rockplayer can play almost all formats without any problem. But if you rip into mp4 you should be able to use your stock video player to play.
Android™ Expert
Solution

I would recommend VLC player, works wonders for me. As for file size, it depends on quality as well. 1080p movie can go up to 4-5gb, while a standard 720p is less than 1gb.
Solution

Rockplayer can play almost all formats without any problem. But if you rip into mp4 you should be able to use your stock video player to play.
Trusted Advocate

Sorry, one last question- what's the average file size of a movie?

I think it shows I only use my tablet for gaming and FaceBook  LOL 

Home Networking Expert

If you rip to mp4 around 800mb. Depends on the quality you select during ripping. If you just want to copy the whole movie from your DVD and play using rockplayer one movie will he around 4GB. Have a great trip.

Android™ Expert
Solution

I would recommend VLC player, works wonders for me. As for file size, it depends on quality as well. 1080p movie can go up to 4-5gb, while a standard 720p is less than 1gb.

no one using MX Player? it supports everything under the sun AND underground with its codec plugin...even softsubs
_____
Xperia SP Android v4.3 rooted. Looking to upgrade to Xperia ZL soon